Fallout Conversations Become Absolutely Disturbing in Real Life

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Fallout Conversations Become Absolutely Disturbing in Real Life

If you think it'd be neat to apply the Fallout conversation system to the real world, watch this and change your mind.

Comedy sketch group Busted Pixel is dedicated to creating funny content revolving around videogames. The concept of their latest video was to bring the conversation system from Fallout [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1295642879&sr=8-3] into the real world. It sounds silly in nature, but ends up becoming pretty strange in practice.

The video is called Relationship Fallout, and shows what happens when a cheating boyfriend uses Fallout conversation skills on his girlfriend that awaits him when he returns home late. The guy definitely should have put more points into Charisma.

The girlfriend questions him about his previous whereabouts, and he can either say he was at work (a lie), say he lost track of time, or try to sleep with her. He mistakenly chooses to lie, and she catches him in it. He tries to lie again, to no avail. This girl isn't a pushover.

Then, the video takes a dark twist. The boyfriend decides to take a hit in Karma and murders his girlfriend with a statuette. It's cute when Vault Boy lets you know of your good and bad deeds in the virtual world, but it's just creepy when he informs someone his Karma has gone down for a real life murder. Maybe Busted Pixel could revisit this idea and come up with a lighter example next time.

Source: Kotaku [http://thebustedpixel.com/]

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
I thought the killing her part was totally hilarious.

I also liked the chance to achieve with the "Have sex" option kept going up.

Apr 28, 2008
And now I'm reminded of Doomsday Arcade.

Still pretty funny though. And pretty much why I loath Bethesda's conversation system...
Thankfully it appears Skyrim is fixing this issue.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
That was hilarious.. Though i feel the clip could have been longer and had more choices. Would be awesome if that played out as an interactive clip where the viewer himself chose what to do..

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
This is what I would say if I was in that kind of mindset...

"50% speech check? Alright lets do this! *Speech Check win!* Alright!"

But I wouldn't since I'm not....and I have no girlfriend so...yeah =w=.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
That's creepy? I thought it was pretty funny. Excepting the swearing, that was pretty G-rated.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
LetalisK said:
That's creepy? I thought it was pretty funny. Excepting the swearing, that was pretty G-rated.
That seemed random to me, considering it's based on an 18 rated game.

DMonkey

Nov 29, 2009
Friggin' hilarious.
Love it. But you can never win a real speech check against a woman. Never.
That is why I put all of my points into sneak.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Oh,I thought this was going to be about how saying how you wish you could murder all the kids in little lamplight was bad.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
It would have been more realistic if she didn't move at all while speaking and had a really inexpressive face...

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Haha, I'll never look at those fallout conversations the same way again. I liked how the "Let's have sex." option just kept getting higher.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
Funniest vid I have seen in months! More! MORE! I demand more and darker! Sell her into slavery! Send a child into a minefield to retrieve phat lootz!

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I think the creepiest part about it was how she actually looked like a girl from Fallout 3 lol.

Can't believe he didn't go for the speech checks.