Question of the Day, January 22, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, January 22, 2011

The Escapist recently saw THQ and Kaos' upcoming shooter Homefront and came away impressed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/8573-Hands-On-Homefront-Multiplayer]. Are you thinking of getting the game?

Balaxe

Mar 24, 2009
I won't get it myself because it's not the type of game I enjoy playing but I have been telling people I know who buy games like this about it because the game looks interesting and unique enough that I want it to be successful sales wise.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
It's not going to be a first day purchase, but if the reviews look good for it I'll probably get it after the price goes down a bit. Frontlines wasn't bad and this looks better.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Not interested. I love FPSs, but I like 'em with a dash of unreality. If it was more Red Alert-ish (this is a dumb plot and we know it, let's have fun with it) I'd consider it, but it all looks like it takes itself terribly seriously, and besides if I want to shoot Koreans I've got Crysis.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
It looks like a pretty good game, but I'm just not into military sim shooters.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I dont know, i think il wait till i hear reviews and then wait till its super cheap.. which it probz will end up being (and rather quickly in my guess).

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I'm kinda interested. But I'll wait for the reviews, and IF it's good AND it's on sale on Steam, then i might get it.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I was but my interest is kinda fading, mostly when I heard the PC version was being done by the same people that ported the trainwreck that was BioShock 2. Frontlines, so far, is pretty fun and different. The RC car and flight drones are pretty nice.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
Im looking foward to it,but I dont have the money to get it on day one, so im hoping to get get it sooner or later.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Not even remotely interested... I got over the story idea not terribly long after Red Dawn came out, and though the game mechanics appear to be well-constructed I've got lots of similarly-great shooters already.

-- Steve

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
The escapist preview was my first introduction to the game, and the preview made the game sound very interesting - especially the idea of the battle commander. When I watched some gameplay, though... I don't know, the game just looked very generic. The Battle Commander sounded cooler than it looked in the game, but I'm going to reserve my judgement until I actually play the game.

So for me this will likely be a rental, and I'll decide from there. Maybe it's just that I've never been able to get into the Battlefield games, and this seems a lot like that... maybe I've finally played my fill of military first person shooters, but this game just doesn't seem to be different enough. We'll see.

Right now I think Halo Reach was the last shooter I picked up and I'm still loving it, but I can't enjoy Black Ops nearly as much as the MW games... who knows. The only games of this genre I'm looking forward to these days are SOCOM (playing a competitive FPS with motion controls is something I've been very interested in since the Wii's debut, and even though I don't have move, I'm curious to see how this game is received) and Gears of War 3 (I played the heck out of the multiplayer of one, but hated the second's multiplayer... so we'll see).

I'm a little more interested in the multiplayer of games that are slightly different these days, such as Uncharted 2 and AC:Brotherhood, even though I haven't played those games yet.

Dethpixie

Apr 4, 2010
The premise sounds absolutely ridiculous but after reading the multiplayer preview here the multiplayer sounds interesting because I do love Battlefield style online shooters. I'll probably wait for a Steam sale though, other games require my limited resources right now.