Question of the Day, January 23, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, January 23, 2011

Rumor has it that the PS3 might be getting a high-definition remaster of the first three Metal Gear Solid games [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107171-Rumor-High-Definition-Metal-Gear-Solid-Trilogy-Coming-to-PS3]. Which is your favorite MGS?

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I've never really played any of them besides... 3, I think? The one where you fight Psycho Mantis anyway.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game.

...Don't look at me like that!

lachinti

Aug 10, 2009
Never played any Metal Gears.
Never owned a PlayStation, but I do feel kinda guilty not playing the remake for the GameCube. Because I'd love for a lot of my "PS friends" to play at least Ocarina Of Time.

Who knows, maybe I'll play the 3DS Metal Gear. ;)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I could never get into Metal Gear.

I tried, but after watching all those 20 minute plus cut-scenes I started to have a mild seizure and hissing 'Goddammit, game, just let me press some buttons!'

OT: Of the two I played... MGS2 was the less coma-inducing.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Solid 1. Nice characters and story added to still classic Metal Gear gameplay but without all of the craziness and silliness that came into the series starting with 2.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
MGS3, most definitely. Especially the Subsistence version with the better camera. I loved the setting, characters, bosses and story. And the codec conversations were by far the best.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
I've never really played any of them besides... 3, I think? The one where you fight Psycho Mantis anyway.
Hmm definately not MGS3 then. Possibly MGS1(PSone)/Twin Snakes(Gamecube) or MGS4(PS3)

OT: My favourite has got to be the very first (discounting Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2) as it was one of the first games I ever played. I loved my PS1 so much! God knows how I ever understood that game considering I must have only been between 11 and 13... then again, I still don't really get any of them now and it's ten years later!

There's a special place in my heart for 2 & 3 as well. Soooo want to play Peace Walker but have no PSP :(

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I've played MGS4 only. The gameplay was good, but there wasn't many of it.

Really, I think it it were the same game with a better story (which means a story that appeals to me more, like Call Of Duty, fuck yeah), it would've been my favorite game of all-time.

It really is special and very diverse, but it's not the messiah of the PS3 that everyone's calling it to be.

Now that role belongs to Heavy Rain. But that's a whole different topic.

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
I chose Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots but after thinking about it Snake Eater should have been my choice. If they did a high-definition remaster of the first three games would so buy them.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Played the first one and loved it, not ever played any of the other's. Not sure about the story getting weird... er.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 1, easily my favourite. Hell I'd actually put it in the top 10 greatest games ever made, it was a brilliant game and well ahead of its time!

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 3 bar none. If they do actually re-release the first three games in HD, that would be so awesome.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Honestly, MGS3: Snake Eater. I played the ever-loving shit out of that game. Never played MGS 1 or 2.. But I really quite enjoyed Snake Eater. The emphasis on bush survival was pretty neat.

I already had the original before Subsistence came out.. Also didn't really have online capabilities on my PS2 slim (Australia sucked for online gaming back then, until the 360 and PS3)

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Snake Eater is brilliant, well, subsistence is anyway. Alas, I've never played 4.