Fallout Fan Film Virally Markets Nuka Cola

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Fallout Fan Film Virally Markets Nuka Cola

Fallout: Nuka Break looks like an innocent Fallout fan film, but it could be a viral marketing campaign in disguise.

Wayside Creations has released the final version of its teased [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4] last year. Fallout: Nuka Break is the short tale of a slightly overweight vault dweller named Twig, his somewhat disloyal ghoul companion Ben, and the level-headed Scarlet that they free from slavers. Twig and Ben must be going for positive Karma.

The funny part about the film is how it'd absolutely be a piece of viral marketing for Nuka Cola, if it were a real soft drink. Twig's home, Vault 10, was sponsored by Nuka Cola and designed solely to test food dispensers. Over time, Vault 10's dwellers just got larger and larger. Twig came out as the skinniest of the bunch, but still had a raging addiction to Nuka Cola.

Fallout: Nuka Break follows Twig as he pines for even a single sip of the soda while traveling across the wasteland. Along the way, his group encounters bounty hunters and strange merchants they use their Speech skills on to avoid being shot. It works, most of the time.

The film mentions New Vegas and features a short segment of Twig using V.A.T.S, as just two examples of how it's faithful to Fallout. Wayside Creations is hoping that the film can remain online as a fan creation, which is explained by Vault Boy's lawyer before it starts. I think it would have been killed by now if Bethesda had an issue, so Wayside should be in the clear. Now sit back, relax, crack open a refreshingly smooth Nuka Cola, and enjoy the show.

Thanks for the tip TheRandomBear [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/therandombear]!

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Hmm...I do believe that I got scooped. o.o

Oh well, at least people know. It is a really good film.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The only problem I have with it, is that the number of total vaults they gave wasn't right. It was 127, not 122.

I still don't know if 127 included Vault 0 or not.

Drentics

Apr 3, 2010
That's one of the best fan films I've ever seen. They could easily make that into a series.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I thought this came out a while ago. I could have SWORN I've seen it before.

Anyways, It was a good film, certainly not anything to go crazy over, but a good little thing to pass the time with.

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
The only problem I have with it, is that the number of total vaults they gave wasn't right. It was 127, not 122.

I don;t think it does. wasn't vault 0 all hush hush and secret government robots

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
That was awesome! Those are some pretty high production values, right there =) I wouldn't mind seeing more of this stuff.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
That was cool, plus it's the first time I've heard anyone mention New Reno since I played Fallout 2. Sounds like these guys have played more than just the Bethesda Fallout games.

nYuknYuknYuk

Jul 12, 2009
Awesome. Seriously good production quality for an amateur film, did so many of the little details right.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Something tells me this might spawn a Vault 10 homage in later Fallout games.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
vxicepickxv said:

Also they mention that 100,000 people entered Vault 69 whereas it was actually 1000.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
That was really well done, the survivors could've stood to be a bit more unkempt and dirty though. Small nitpicking, but I felt like they stuck out too much because they were too...clean.

Entertaining nonetheless