Atlus Publishing The Dragon Knight Saga For 360

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Atlus Publishing The Dragon Knight Saga For 360

Atlus is giving Divinity II a second chance to win over 360 owners with a remastered edition of the game.

When Divinity II was originally released in 2009, the 360 edition was met with <a href=http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/divinity+II/results>mixed reviews and general indifference. The PC version of the game was supposed to be much better, especially when all the expansions were collected and re-released as <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Divinity-II-Dragon-Knight-Download/dp/B0049U4DXM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1295995840&sr=8-3>Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. CDV never published the collected edition for the 360, but Atlus has announced that it's going to pick up the slack.

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga collects the game, the Flames of Vengeance expansion, and all other DLC that's been released. Supposedly this adds up to over 100 hours of content. Not only that but the content has apparently been remastered, and the graphics engine has been upgraded, too.

Atlus plans to release the game for the 360 on April 12. Not only that, but the game will come with a free soundtrack CD. I never actually played Divinity II when it came out for the console, but this trailer certainly makes it look like something I'd be interested in checking out.

Source: Joystiq

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
I actually bought the game when it first came out on a whim. Nothing spectacular, just something to fill the void between other better games.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
This actually looks pretty interesting. Maybe not as spectacular as some other games but interesting nonetheless.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
This version is already out in the UK with a demo... but I haven't tried it yet. No reason why not beyond not getting around to it.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
interesting fact: a ranger is able to deal the largest amount of damage of all other "classes" (at least as far as I could tell) at point blank range.

How? Split arrow in the face.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Some explanation:
Ego Draconis ended halfway through the story, where most stories have the "turning point" moment. The expansion pack continues and supposedly (I haven't finished it) completes the story. This is in itself a questionable decision, probably driven by a lack of budget; possibly by greed: for the early adopters, the price amounts to $70 for the full game, or upwards of $100 if you were unlucky enough to get it on 360 both times. I got it for $20 during the Steam sale, and have quite enjoyed it so far.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I can't speak to the 360 version but the PC version plays just fine - like a slightly-more-open version of a cross between Dragon Age and Oblivion. It also looks rather fantastic (on PC, at least), although I can't speak to the graphical quality on the 360.

So, I'd say it's better to get it on PC, as that's its home platform and I can't think of any benefits the console version offers; but it's not a bad game overall, at least now that it doesn't end in a cliffhanger worse than Halo 2's.

Fern Williams

Jan 23, 2011
I played the demo for Divinity II and it was nothing special but it seemed like fun game. However I had better games to play at the time so i never picked it up but this makes me think I might give it a 2nd look.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
eh, will wait to hear of a price before I make up my mind, but I'm probably gonna either pass or wait till it's bargain bin.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
this isnt my name said:
iirc this was the demo I played. Honestly if this was the game after updates, then I dont want to think of the un-updated version.
Inventory was annoying and graphics were bad.
Gameplay in genral was pretty bad too.

Weird I always hear people say how Atlus make good games.
They didn't actually make this game, Atlus USA publishes a lot of titles that aren't made by Atlus.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
piscian said:
so um I'm the only one that jumped out of my chair thinking they were porting the game/anime Dragon knight??????? :(
Holy shit! That would be awesome!
OT: It would have to get amazing scores before I'd consider it. Wasted $60 the first time around >:{

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Hmm, seems interesting. I'll keep my eye on it. Anyone know the type of combat in the game, is it more of a Dragon Age style with specific powers or like Oblivion?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
voetballeeuw said:
Hmm, seems interesting. I'll keep my eye on it. Anyone know the type of combat in the game, is it more of a Dragon Age style with specific powers or like Oblivion?
Neither, it's more like the Gothic series than anything - there're gameplay trailers on Youtube but to be honest I wouldn't recommend the game, it's nothing particularly special on consoles. The PC version it might recommend [due to the superior graphics, inventory and so forth; much like Risen this is a PC game that's on consoles purely to gain profit; it doesn't take advantage of the benefits of consoles.