Take Our Cuddly-Wuddly Videogame Animals Quiz!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Take Our Cuddly-Wuddly Videogame Animals Quiz!

Aw, who's a good quiz? You are, yes you are!

It's no secret that we here at The Escapist love animals - have you seen what our community members would do for one of the rare, coveted Pony Badges? We can't write about Capcom's upcoming Okamiden without squealing (but really, you can hardly blame us for that), we go to great lengths to keep Dogmeat alive in Fallout, and I play a Druid in WoW - that's sort of our whole shtick.

So, why not have a quiz to celebrate all of those animals we know and love in videogames? Can you think of a reason? Nope, didn't think so.

The result was our Videogame Animals quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/133], which is live right about ... now. It'll test your knowledge of our furred and feathered friends (or foes, or even our selves) in a variety of games - but even if you think it's hard, we hope it'll give you the warm fuzzies anyway.

As always, you can take it as many times as you like to get a perfect score, but your time will be reflected on our leaderboard.

If you think you've got what it takes, take the quiz here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/133]!

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
OMG that dog is soo cute. is that a shiba inu? me and my gf are planning on getting one of those come spring. she is resistng my attempts to call it amaterasu though!

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Fifty percent is pretty good for some complete and utter guesswork. I've never even heard of half of these games.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
LTK_70 said:
Fifty percent is pretty good for some complete and utter guesswork. I've never even heard of half of these games.
Same with me, and 50%. Some day there will be a quiz where I'll actually know some of the answers... hopefully...

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Huh. You never can tell what you're good at right?

I had 80% on the first attempt, and it took me 4 attempts and 3 minutes 45 seconds to get 100% correct.

Now, ordinarily that would lead me to think I'd done really badly, taking that long... Yet somehow that makes me 9th?

It always seems to surprise me what is and is not an obscure area of knowledge.

Edit: I guess I might be outside the norm because I know a lot about older games and less about newer ones.
I had trouble answering questions about proffessor layton and Mass effect, yet knew most of the others off the top of my head. (some were just educated guesses though.)
Weird how that works out.

nuqneh1

Aug 15, 2010
I just did that Mass Effect 2 quest yesterday. Though I went with the Paragon option. Had no clue for most of the other questions

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
If you wanted obscure cuddly animal questions, you should have asked the name of a specific Giant Miniature Space Hamster.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

I was thinking they were going to ask the name of the dog in a certain game where your dog can get a "Scrotality" achievement.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
Nine! Curse you, Layton, and your unconventional messenger-birds! You win this time...

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
vxicepickxv said:
If you wanted obscure cuddly animal questions, you should have asked the name of a specific Giant Miniature Space Hamster.
How's it obscure? Bioware puts a Boo reference in like every game they make :p

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I somehow got 80% of the quiz right dispite guessing for the most part. D:

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 70%, with 7 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Escapist's Videogame Animals Quiz. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/133-The-Escapists-Videogame-Animals-Quiz]
Meh...