Sony Uploads Entire PSP2 Conference Online in HD

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Sony Uploads Entire PSP2 Conference Online in HD

Now you can pretend you were invited to Sony's PSP2/NGP conference by watching the entire thing in HD.

If you want to get all of the details on the PSP2/NGP just as Sony first presented them at its recent PlayStation Meeting, Sony has been gracious enough to let you by uploading the entire event to YouTube in HD (up to 1080p). Thankfully, a translator was on hand to convert the conference's Japanese into English, for those that don't speak Japan's native language.

The PlayStation Meeting was more than 90 minutes long, so Sony divided it up into 6 different parts. It opens with around 20 minutes of teasing from Sony Computer Entertainment president and group CEO Kazuo Hirai before the NGP is finally revealed.

Through these videos we get a clearer look at part of Sony's Uncharted [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107364-Sony-Shows-Off-PSP2-Lineup-In-Motion] by SCE worldwide studios president Shuhei Yoshida. Also shown is a full explanation of the NGP's interface and online features.

Other highlights include Hideo Kojima's NGP demo of Metal Gear Solid [http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Patriots-Playstation-3/dp/B000FQ2D5E] and a demo of Epic's Unreal Engine running on the handheld. It's exciting stuff. Now Sony just has to get details like price, price, and the price hammered out. Parts 2-6 are below:

*Note: Part 4 is still private as of this writing. It'll likely be made public soon.*

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Damn, well since I don't have much else to do today I'll watch this. I've already seen a few other videos of the games presented there, but it should still be interesting.

EDIT: I just thought something, can those analog sticks retract/are they removable? It would be annoying to put that thing in your pocket and those sticks protrude from them, or worse yet break off.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
The 2nd video posted gives you an idea of what the device is and its features.
The little fighting game with the guy in the banana suit looks awesome possum.

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
No less than $300. I'd bet my life on it.

[sub]And I will gladly pay every single penny.[/sub]

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
Not convinced about the gimmicks - does it need sixaxis and two touchscreens?

also this captcha thing is ridiculous. were there even bots posting? this is going to be the last post I make til it goes away.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Why didn't they get someone who is a native English speaker. The narrator is a bit annoying.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
It looks kinda like a super iPhone/PSP.

But hey, that's just my opinion

EDIT:
Numachuka said:
Why didn't they get someone who is a native English speaker. The narrator is a bit annoying.
Wait was that a person?? I thought it was a robot!

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Be stunned if managed to get this under $400 at launch with that level of graphics and features on a handheld.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Ugh, why multiple parts? If they could make them more than 15 minutes in the first place (as you can see there are plenty of them that are 17 minutes lone), then they could have just made it one single video instead of splitting it up. >_<

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
if they dont mention copying nintendo more then 5 times then this is fake

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Jumplion said:
Damn, well since I don't have much else to do today I'll watch this. I've already seen a few other videos of the games presented there, but it should still be interesting.

EDIT: I just thought something, can those analog sticks retract/are they removable? It would be annoying to put that thing in your pocket and those sticks protrude from them, or worse yet break off.
Are they really that different from the PSP? The PSP analog stick was simple, because it was almost flush with the body, which was useful.

Who has pockets large enough for this thing anyway?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
vxicepickxv said:
Jumplion said:

Are they really that different from the PSP? The PSP analog stick was simple, because it was almost flush with the body, which was useful.

The original PSP has analog nubs, they're flat on the body, the NGP has protruding analog sticks that stick out from it.

Whether or not someone has big enough pockets doesn't matter, it'd still be annoying to have those things sticking out wherever.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Jumplion said:
vxicepickxv said:
Jumplion said:

The original PSP has analog nubs, they're flat on the body, the NGP has protruding analog sticks that stick out from it.

Whether or not someone has big enough pockets doesn't matter, it'd still be annoying to have those things sticking out wherever.
It's called a case guys...
That and not too many people carry PSPs in their pockets. They're too long unless you're wearing cargo pants.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
The Diabolical Biz said:
It looks kinda like a super iPhone/PSP.

But hey, that's just my opinion

EDIT:
Numachuka said:
Wait was that a person?? I thought it was a robot!

the Narrator was Nervous so he used his Asian Powers to Create a Robot Clone to do the meeting for him

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
CK76 said:
Be stunned if managed to get this under $400 at launch with that level of graphics and features on a handheld.
Sort of off topic, but nice Dexter avatar, just began watching the show on netflix. Its great.

on topic: The NGP looks amazing! :D

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Korten12 said:
CK76 said:
Sort of off topic, but nice Dexter avatar, just began watching the show on netflix. Its great.

on topic: The NGP looks amazing! :D
Oh, you are in for a treat. No spoilers, but the quality remains high. Reason it is my favorite show.

It does, but if handheld gaming is basically console gaming on the go, not sure if I'd pick it over the console. Big question for me is price and software.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Flying Dagger said:

also this captcha thing is ridiculous. were there even bots posting? this is going to be the last post I make til it goes away.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.260751.9850274

Ahhhhh will power is lacking in this one.

Also yes, there a couple of bots that posted every now and then.

A lot of these captchas captchas are advertisements. "What do you think of Dell?"

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
dududf said:
Flying Dagger said:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.260751.9850274

Ahhhhh will power is lacking in this one.

Also yes, there a couple of bots that posted every now and then.

A lot of these captchas captchas are advertisements. "What do you think of Dell?"
Hasn't been so bad today, only one and it wasn't too hard to read