Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: WoW #15: The Final Quest

The worst filing system in all of Azeroth finally pushes Norman over the edge.

Read Full Article

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Ah, Bureaucracy, the thing that turns many adventurers to evil. But Norman is still thinking small. Why not a ten man raid instance? ;)

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
At least he drew the line at joining the twilight hammer. Too bad really, this was just starting to get good. You could have done an entire episode about all his attempts at doing evil failing. Or about his death and rebirth as a death knight, yet somehow travelling in time to do so.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
A new evil is unleashed on Azeroth. And even worse, he seems competent.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Fantastic series Shamus. Just fantastic. Your Let's Plays always bring a smile to my face. Few things make me happier than the collapse of ideals under the boot heel of stupid NPCs.

Keep up the good work, whatever your next project may be.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Another brilliant series, really loved the story of Norman the inept warlock turning to Norman the not-so inept evil-doer.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Shamus Young said:
"Norman, you don't understand. The power to be evil has been inside of you all along."

He wipes his nose on the back of his sleeve, "Really?"

"You can do it! You just have to believe in yourself."
I think that calls for a slowclap backed by an average pop song.

How in the hell did you manage to spin the ending as a dark John Huges movie? I think that's the best tribute he could recieve.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Ha, I predicted this way back in episode two's comments page. Predictable. I'm disappointed...

Oh wait, no I'm not! That was blinkin' hilarious, and I've never even played WoW. Fantastic!

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
Oh wow, this has ended far beyond the normal length of his normal Let's Play. Hopefully, he can now get back with Stolen Pixels.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
I've noticed a trend with these Lets Plays, they take a perfectly normal happy person who enjoys their job and slowly drives them insane to the point of quitting/going evil.

I salute you.

stranamente

Jun 13, 2009
Even if I loved this series (and it's still the most inviting thing to WOW I know), I think you should work more on the ends. They're all on the bitter side.
Even this one. Norman goes to the "dark" side because he's kind of broken, not because of a choice.

jdhays

Oct 28, 2009
But that's it. There's nobody left to help. Nobody that isn't going to sabotage my efforts to help them. Nobody that deserves help.
Well, Norman did walk past little Nida, who dropped her necklace into Lake Everstill. No killing involved. Just a little swimming and it's usually right under the dock. But it's probably best not to mention it to him now.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
*Claps*

Good ending to a great series! Although I would have loved for this to continue for a few years, with Norman journeying through all of WoW =)

hudsonzero

what I thought I'd do was,
Aug 4, 2009
it would be funny if we see gotstab or a warlock named Norman in a future content patch

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
I'm a little bit disappointed you went to Darkshire and didn't end it with the quest chain that resurrects a monster that starts destroying town hall :( very entertaining though

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Shame to see it end, but glad to see it end so well.
Thank you Shamus, please never stop doing things like this!

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
That was an absolute wonderful ending! It's so strange that we actually are cheering for the bad guy! But when the world around him is full of annoying idiots, who wouldn't be?