Yakuza 4 Will Have Over 6 Hours of Cutscenes

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Yakuza 4 Will Have Over 6 Hours of Cutscenes

Yakuza 4's total cutscene length is going to be nearly four times longer than that of Dragon Age II.

Sega's upcoming <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-4-Playstation-3/dp/B003QX4F7C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296605531&sr=8-1>Yakuza 4 is set to feature some major action. But it's been revealed that the game will also feature over six hours of cutscenes to watch.

The game will feature a total of 384 minutes of cutscenes, which is almost four times as much as Dragon Age II is set to include. This information came to light via Britain's game-ratings group, the BBFC. The group assigned an "18" rating to the game. The game received the ranking because of "strong bloody violence and strong language."

Yakuza 4 is due out in North America in March. Sega has promised <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104119-Western-Yakuza-4-Release-Almost-Entirely-Intact-Says-Sega>the game will be largely unchanged from its Japanese release, which is promising because - based on reviews of imported copies of the game - the game is supposed to be a lot of fun. Still, six hours is a lot of time to spend watching cutscenes ...

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-01-yakuza-4-has-over-six-hours-of-cutscenes>Eurogamer

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Still doesn't beat Metal Gear Solid 4's 9.

Loli-damn, that moviegame is awesome.

thenoblitt

May 7, 2009
im sorry to say this but you have to games mixed up, yakuza 4 is a direct sequel to yakuza 3 with no zombies, yakuza: of the end is a spin off that has zombies so you may have gotten some titles mixed up

Lucifer dern

Jun 11, 2010
wow, I missed the point when cutscenes became a selling feature... I always thought they wher a cop out...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
vansau said:
thenoblitt said:
im sorry to say this but you have to games mixed up, yakuza 4 is a direct sequel to yakuza 3 with no zombies, yakuza: of the end is a spin off that has zombies so you may have gotten some titles mixed up
cursedseishi said:
Alright... the game you are thinking of is "Yakuza: The End". That's the Yakuza game with zombies, Yakuza 4 is an actual sequel to 3, "The End" is a spinoff.
Just quoting you Vansau and them so then you can fix the article. :)

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Korten12 said:
vansau said:
thenoblitt said:
cursedseishi said:
Alright... the game you are thinking of is "Yakuza: The End". That's the Yakuza game with zombies, Yakuza 4 is an actual sequel to 3, "The End" is a spinoff.
Just quoting you Vansau and them so then you can fix the article. :)
Got it, thanks guys. I'm generally unfamiliar with the Yakuza games and was going off of other articles. Sorry about the screw-up, but thanks for letting me know about the mistake so I could correct it :)

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Just so long as it has a proportional amount of gameplay... ten thousand hours should be sufficient, going by the Oblivion ratio.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Ok, just how much game is there to be had inbetween the cutscene, or are they attempting a franchise suicide by making a movie that requires human input to continue?

In all seriousness, would buy the game if it happened to be further away from other more cemented releases.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
I think I can handle six hours of cutscenes. I tolerated the eight to nine in MGS4.

Cheefa_Da_Reefa

Jun 18, 2010
i cant get enough yakuza i wish my ps3 worked :( and i really hope the release (if ever) that samurai style one

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:

Exactly what I was thinking :p I also loved every minute of those nine hours.

I was surprised Dragon Age 2 didn't have more cutscenes actually.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
why is this considered a good thing
your missing the point of a game if 1/4 to 1/3 of the thing is cutscenes

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Trogdor1138 said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:

Exactly what I was thinking :p I also loved every minute of those nine hours.

I was surprised Dragon Age 2 didn't have more cutscenes actually.

Loli-Damn, Kojima, you are a genius.

[sub]I think we should stop, lest we derail the thread :p[/sub]

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Cheefa_Da_Reefa said:
i cant get enough yakuza i wish my ps3 worked :( and i really hope the release (if ever) that samurai style one
Samurai style? Genji? Genji was awesome, and I did hear about a PS3 sequel a while back... I wonder if that will ever happen.