New Deus Ex Trailer Gives Adam Jensen a Rough Ride

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Deus Ex Trailer Gives Adam Jensen a Rough Ride

[video=2724]​
Eidos Montreal has released a new trailer that offers a glimpse into the life of Adam Jensen and the unpleasant events that pushed him to the forefront of Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented-Pc/dp/B004EIOH80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296765082&sr=8-2].

Eidos [http://eidosmontreal.com/] has put out some pretty rockin' trailers in the months leading up to the release of the new Deus Ex and this new one is no exception. It's a quick look at Adam Jensen, the game's protagonist, and the events that forced him to become a heavily-augmented agent of Sarif Indutries. Specifics are short, which is good - too much information spoils the soup - but it's pretty clear that Jensen's got a very good reason to have a mad on for the bad guys.

It doesn't measure up to the five-minute-long extended Human Revolution trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/2536-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Extended-Trailer] that was released back in December, but that's hardly a surprise; I can't think of any pre-release promotional video that matches up to that epic slab of cinematic awesomeness. Sure hope the game does, though. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is slated for release later this year on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Previews are popping up all over the place; all very excited for the game.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

(RockPaperShotgun has the best batch of articles on it at the minute.)

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
The more they shows the better it looks. I hope it will live up to expectation.

Have to say this is the first game in a long while that has got me genuinely excited, it reminds me of how I felt when there was a new Metal Gear game in the works.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I don't tend to follow games too closely during developement, it's too easy to get one's expectations set too high. However I have to admit I do have high hopes for this game, not just because a proper sequel to Deus Ex would be awesome but because it would suggest that Thief 4 is also in good hands.

When Ion Storm's stab at Deus Ex failed . . . . well at least it gave me the proper expectations for Thief 3. It was a good game, but as a sequel it just left me disappointed.

From the little I've peaked at it looks like Deus Ex 3 is being treated very well, hopefully I'm not mistaken here. :)

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
My spine tightens every time I see gameplay footage. I'm really anxious about them doing this right.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
SO. FUCKING. MUCH. WANT. FUCK. NOW. ME. YES.

Sorry that blew my mind, i really really want this game

genamp

Nov 18, 2010
Ubermetalhed said:
The more they shows the better it looks. I hope it will live up to expectation.

Have to say this is the first game in a long while that has got me genuinely excited, it reminds me of how I felt when there was a new Metal Gear game in the works.
No kidding. This game is truly starting off on the right foot, trailer wise. Damn, I'm super happy about this game!!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is slated for release later this on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
I do believe you left out the word year

OT: Looks awesome...have to get around playing Deus Ex 1 and 2 soon though, bought on steam last year >.<

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Hungry Donner said:
When Ion Storm's stab at Deus Ex failed . . . . well at least it gave me the proper expectations for Thief 3. It was a good game, but as a sequel it just left me disappointed.
Actually, Ion Storm created Deus Ex.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I usually try not to follow games too closely before release to prevent building up great expectations that are not met. This is one of those few games I just can't not be excited about though. The only other games I feel similarly about at the moment are Mass Effect 3 and The Old Republic. Whether it can match the original in quality I think remains in question; the bar is set ridiculously high. But so far, it's definitely looking like a game I wouldn't want to miss.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Hungry Donner said:
Actually, Ion Storm created Deus Ex.
I was thinking about them taking a stab at Thief and entirely messed that up, now I must hang my head in nerd shame.

donutsftw

Nov 10, 2009
Okay, I know it's the future and whatnot, but does anyone else think that the female scientist/Adam's girlfriend has really weird clothes? I just can't see how anyone would think those sleeves and that neck... thing... are a good idea.