Capcom Needs Help With Mega Man Legends 3's Easter Eggs

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Capcom Needs Help With Mega Man Legends 3's Easter Eggs

Your idea for a Mega Man Legends 3 easter egg could make it into the game.

The Mega Man Legends [http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-Legends-Playstation/dp/B000006OVJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296925239&sr=8-1] series has featured many different easter eggs to keep players entertained when taking a break from robot blasting. Capcom wants a similar number of easter eggs to be included in Mega Man Legends 3, and you can have an impact due to the unique nature of the game's development.

Capcom has started a community "dev room" to get fans involved with the design of various aspects of Legends 3, such as mecha [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104229-Capcom-Reveals-How-Youll-Make-Mega-Man-Legends-3]. The latest campaign is all about secret easter eggs.

As an example of what Capcom is looking for, the original Mega Man Legends had cans lying in the street that the player could kick into a store for cash, but doing so would annoy the shopkeeper. Another easter egg featured the ability for Mega Man to keep the money from a bank robbery, but this act would turn him completely black. Capcom wants some new ideas for these types of secrets it could include in Legends 3.

To get involved, go to the Mega Man Legends 3 here [http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/go/forum/view/114725/207181/Event_5:_Town_Easter_Egg]. The easter eggs must follow the guildlines of four specific abilities - kick, jump, grab object, and throw object - but other than that fans are free to come up with whatever unique actions they can think of.

Some current suggestions include skipping rocks across water and a cameo by Phoenix Wright [http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000B69E96]. Can you think of anything better?

Source: Capcom Unity [http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/02/03/event_5:_town_easter_egg_event]

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Put in actual Easter Eggs, and once you collect them all, you unlock a new boss: Jesus Man. He shoots chocolate lasers out of his eyes.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I relayed this article to my friend who's a serious megaman legends fan and is just all a flutter with the third one coming out. He's a really bloke too so I no doubt he's going to hit that forum and suggest like crazy. I'd be interested in seeing the game pan out too they were really fun.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I always loved that bit in the first game where you have the option of keeping the money instead of returning it to the bank like a good little boy. The first time I played that game, I thought returning the money was the only possible outcome, but I didn't know where the bank was. I thought it was in another area, so I went to look for it there - and next thing I know, Mega Man is several shades darker, everybody hates him and I can suddenly afford a bunch of new upgrades. Took me a while to figure that out!

I'd like to see more such scenarios in the new one. Nothing wrong with playing Mega Man like a 100% squeaky-clean boy scout at all times, but if it WERE possible to make him a ruthless criminal hated by all, I think we'd all go for this option once, just for the variety!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
A copy of "Misadventures of Tron Bonne" unlockable to play in-game via the menus. Complete with saving functionality, of course!

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
Xzi said:
Wait, what? THERE'S A MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 IN DEVELOPMENT?! WHY WASN'T I TOLD?!?!

*Facerolls keyboard*
This was my reaction, more or less.

OT: Pick up Data and try to throw him through a hoop! :D

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Xzi said:

*Facerolls keyboard*
I had the same thought seriously when did this happen? and why was I not told? >.>

Apr 28, 2008
It should be an actual egg. Just an egg. A decorated egg, and as you get close, you see the shadow of a bunny hopping away.

PorkChopXpress said:
Just shows you how much stuff they've got on the table.
Totally off topic, but nice avatar.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
Irridium said:
It should be an actual egg. Just an egg. A decorated egg, and as you get close, you see the shadow of a bunny hopping away.

PorkChopXpress said:
Just shows you how much stuff they've got on the table.
Totally off topic, but nice avatar.
Thanks...we should start a band! haha

Oct 14, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Some current suggestions include skipping rocks across water and a cameo by Phoenix Wright [http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000B69E96]. Can you think of anything better?
Yeah!

No... :(

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Swifteye said:
I relayed this article to my friend who's a serious megaman legends fan and is just all a flutter with the third one coming out. He's a really bloke too so I no doubt he's going to hit that forum and suggest like crazy. I'd be interested in seeing the game pan out too they were really fun.
Was "All a flutter" an intentional pun? Because if so, very nice. :D

OT: Proto man. :)

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Honestly, my only suggestion is less fan input, more making the game! I want to plaaaaaaaaaay it and I want to play it ASAP.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Xzi said:

*Facerolls keyboard*
9NineBreaker9 said:
Xzi said:

*Facerolls keyboard*
This was my reaction, more or less.

OT: Pick up Data and try to throw him through a hoop! :D
Risingblade said:
Xzi said:

*Facerolls keyboard*
I had the same thought seriously when did this happen? and why was I not told? >.>

Sadly, it looks like they opted to not put it on the consoles and are going to make it for the 3DS. Sigh... put it on a console! I'll even accept it on the Wii.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I wish more developers would incorporate fans into making of sequels and whatnot

Xzi said:
Centrophy said:
Sadly, it looks like they opted to not put it on the consoles and are going to make it for the 3DS. Sigh... put it on a console! I'll even accept it on the Wii.
WHAT? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

*Double facerolls keyboard*

Thanks a lot, Nintendo, you've forced me to beat up some random eight year old and steal his 3DS to play this game. What? I'm sure as hell not going actually buy one legitimately for $400+ and three hours of battery life per charge.
last time I looked the 3DS was $250 USD and had 7 hours of battery life if with 3D on. Nintendo also likes to under state their products so its probably more like 10 hours.