Your Studio and You: The Greatest Star-Studded Mockumentary Ever

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Your Studio and You: The Greatest Star-Studded Mockumentary Ever

In 1995, South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone somehow talked a bevy of famous actors, directors and musicians into appearing in a vicious, hilarious internal short film for Universal Studios entitled Your Studio and You. This is the result.

Two years before Parker and Stone hit the big time with Universal Studios [http://www.amazon.com/South-Park-Complete-First-Season/dp/B00023P49C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1297185400&sr=8-4] in the wake of its purchase by Canadian liquor giant Seagram. The duo somehow parleyed that opportunity into a 50s-style black-and-white flick starring Demi Moore, Robin Cook, Traci Lords, George Carlin, Michael J. Fox, Sylvester Stallone and a truckload of other actors, musicians and industry executives. Steven Spielberg does a turn as a bored Universal tour guide; James Cameron is a gardener.

The film's actual provenance is unclear. Entertainment Geekly [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Studio_and_You] claims that Seagram honcho and new Universal owner Edgar Bronfman Jr. was not amused, and "buried it." Whatever the case, the final result is pure gold.

Any attempt to explain it further would be grossly inadequate because the whole thing, including the fact that it was made in the first place, is so incredibly bizarre and surreal that it defies description. So just sit back and enjoy, and be sure to stick with it to the very end. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

(Part two!)

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
You're a bit late on this, aren't you? Aren't we supposed to be covering breaking, game-related news?

This isn't a new discovery or anything; I'm guessing Andy wanted to share today's boredom-killing toy- it probably will; feels like a while before you clock off.

I'm banned for this, aren't I?

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
This made my day. Especially the Stallone bit at the very end, mostly because I thought he did speak that way.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I posted it today because it's cool and the vast majority of us quite clearly haven't seen it before.

Feel free to direct any complaints you may have, via email or direct message, to any of the site's editors.

As for everyone else, wasn't that bit with Stallone just awesome? I was laughing my ass off. I love the Goldfinger drummer's reaction to the Seagram's wine cooler too. The Angela Lansbury bit was just weird, though.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
CosmicCommander said:
You're a bit late on this, aren't you? Aren't we supposed to be covering breaking, game-related news?

This isn't a new discovery or anything; I'm guessing Andy wanted to share today's boredom-killing toy- it probably will; feels like a while before you clock off.

No one's pretending that this is the newest thing in the world. Sometimes one of us gets the opportunity to share something cool or fun that people might have missed, and this is one of those times.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Saw this shortly after I left Universal's employment a couple years back.. I wished my orientation video was this entertaining.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
CosmicCommander said:

No, but we do think you're acting like a bit of a jerk. When we find things we think are neat, we share them, because we figure the community will enjoy seeing them, too. It's not "breaking, game-related news," no, but that doesn't mean it's not interesting or fun. If you are only interested in up-to-the-minute gaming news, it's usually pretty darn clear from the headlines which stories you should read. If you don't like items of this nature, by all means, don't read them - there's plenty of other content on the site that should be appealing to you. But there's really no reason to be such a negative killjoy.

skatch13

Feb 2, 2010
CosmicCommander said:

Here have a wine cooler!