Sega Gives Yakuza Fans Early Karaoke Gift

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Sega Gives Yakuza Fans Early Karaoke Gift

Nothing gets you ready for a zombie apocalypse quite like singing in a karaoke bar.

Yakuza of the End is due to be released in Japan come March 17th, but fans of Sega's Yakuza franchise are in for a treat in the near future. Sega has announced that it'll be placing some of the game's music in karaoke halls via Joysound and UGA.

Four songs are scheduled to be featured, and the accompanying videos will show game characters performing the music. Kazuma Kiryu (the series' protagonist) will sing "Kamuro Setsugekka" and "MachineGun Kiss." Haruka Sawamura will appear when someone sings "Kitto Change Myself" and "Otomeiro My Life." Finally, both characters will appear together during "Kamuro Setsugekka" and "Kitto Change Myself."

This isn't the first time Sega's used karaoke to promote its Yakuza games. From what Eurogamer says, it actually seems like a fairly regular occurrence. I'm actually a little bummed that the company isn't holding promotional events like this here in the U.S. I would totally sing karaoke songs from a game all about killing zombies.

Source: Andriasang

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You'd never how the game series is actually a ridiculously over-the-top brawler from the way they market this.

I mean, I like this. But still.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Kazuma Kiryu (the series' protagonist) will sing "MachineGun Kiss," Haruka Sawamura will appear when someone sings "Otomeiro My Life," and Both characters will appear together during "Kamuro Setsugekka" and "Kitto Change Myself."

Doesn't that read so much more nicely?

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I wish I wasn't so lazy to find a karaoke place near me. One that has anime songs though. I'm just dying to sing 'Meteo Impact' from Stardust Witch Meruru. Or something I'd fail horribly at like...

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Everyone might be suffering from a bit of zombie fatigue after last year, but I get a feeling Sega might just pull it off; yakuza is just one of those off beat games that make me laugh out loud.
Also, it'll take a while to get here.. :(

searron

Mar 1, 2010
It looks like I may have to hit up the karaoke boxes more often. That and finding the lyrics online. Trying to read the kana/kanji as the pass is a pain in my ass.