2K Announces Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
2K Announces Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition

The Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition has been announced, a big brassy box that includes postcards, stickers, a hardcover book, a numbered certificate of authenticity and a whole bunch of other stuff that'll make you a sure-fire hit with the ladies.

Was there ever any doubt that Gearbox [http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0HAC6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297451060&sr=8-2-fkmr0] would go about commemorating the release of the most famously delayed videogame in history. The answer: with balls of steel!

The Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel edition is one seriously impressive package. It comes with a bust of the man himself (that's some kind of bust, alright), a 100-page book entitled The History, Legacy and Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art From the Vault, a series of postcards showing off a few of Duke's many accomplishments, a radioactive emblem sticker, a DNF comic book, DNF foldable paper craft, DNF poker chips, a deck of DNF playing cards and DNF radioactive emblem dice, all stuffed into a huge DNF box and accompanied by a numbered certificate of limited-edition DNF authenticity.

And how much will all this mind-blowing Dukeness cost, you wonder? Amazon currently has the Balls of Steel [http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Balls-Xbox-360/dp/B003O6E8UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1297451060&sr=8-1] edition listed at $99.99 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and $89.99 for the PC, compared to $59.99 for the standard console release ($49.99 for PC.) Wow! That actually seems pretty reasonable. I just hope the game lives up to it.

After 14 years in development, Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming out on May 6 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
$359.96

NEED $359.96 (without shipping) RIGHT NOW

man that is the best special ed. of something I have ever seen, totally worth of a glorious comeback

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Wait.
For an extra 40$ I get a a big brassy box that includes postcards, stickers, a hardcover book, a numbered certificate of authenticity and a whole bunch of other stuff that'll make me a sure-fire hit with the ladies?
COUNT ME IN!

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
So if they keep that price for the british release, that's £65? for a game that would otherwise cost £40? That's getting bought!

The King. Hail Him.

[sub]Baby.[/sub]

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Nah the balls of steel are represented by a pair of snake eyes on the dice. But I would find every penny worth it for all of that.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Well an actual pair of balls of steel would have just come off as tacky, really. You can't frame ball bearings, after all. I'll wait for my FAC Early Demo to come out before deciding which platform to get the Balls of Steel Edition. I know I'm getting it, I just don't know which platform.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
That sounds like a great value for the extra money. That is if the bust is actually made from a good material. If it is just junk vacuformed plastic, then it could suck.

Will probably pre-order this edition for the PC though.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I would get this if I wasn't cheap enough to only get the regular edition... It would have been funny if they added some DNF condoms or something >_>

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
rockingnic said:
I would get this if I wasn't cheap enough to only get the regular edition... It would have been funny if they added some DNF condoms or something >_>
You sir have just made this thread even more Duke. *Claps

I disappoint at the lack of balls of steel. Nevertheless that looks like a good deal and the playing cards would surely win over the ladies. And by the ladies, I mean the woman's right activists complaining over the nudity.

Apr 28, 2008
I still say they should have announced this game on April 1st.

Oh boy, that would've been hilarious.

Still, neat looking special edition. But no "making of" DVD's? I wanna see behind the scenes dammit!