Portal 2 Provides Last Minute Valentine's Gift Ideas

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Portal 2 Provides Last Minute Valentine's Gift Ideas

Valve wants to help you out this Valentine's Day with a video that has absolutely nothing to do with Portal 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6E3C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297688302&sr=8-1] pre-orders. Honest.

Valentine's Day is upon us, and romance is in the air. Many of you will have already bought your special someone a token your deep and lasting affection. Unfortunately, some of you will have forgotten, and now face the difficult task of finding the right gift, and quickly.

Choosing that perfect present is harder than it looks, however. Seemingly innocuous choices, like flowers or chocolates, are fraught with hidden dangers. You might think that you're safe with jewellery and/or precious stones, for example, but the truth is that 80% of people given giant diamonds on Valentine's Day are later crushed by them.

Thankfully, Aperture Science has the solution, in the form of the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, which is perhaps more commonly known as the "Portal Gun." According to Aperture's figures, an amazing 100% of couples who participate in co-operative portal testing are still completely in love. Fortunately, Portal 2 is now available to pre-order, so you can save your relationship with ease. A more cynical man might suggest that encouraging people to pre-order was the point of the video all along, but that seems unthinkable on this, the most romantic day of the year.

Joking aside, this video is pretty neat idea on Valve's part. Valentine's Day is the perfect venue for the quirky humor that Portal is famous for, and it's a much more memorable way to announce that a game is available to pre-order than a press release. Unfortunately, while you can pre-order Portal 2 now, you've still got a couple of months to wait before you can actually play it.

Portal 2 comes out for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on April 18th.

Source: Kotaku [http://uk.kotaku.com/5759564/portal-guns-beat-chocolates-on-valentines-day]

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol love the flower facts XD

All flowers are filled with Bees, Queens are provoked by signs of human affection XD

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Cool video...seems like the cake is still a lie though, there was no cake to be had.

off-topic: Lies, I can't pre-order Portal 2 yet on Steam D:

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Frantically dials valentines number...

"QUICKLY! THROW THE FLOWERS OUT OF THE WINDOW"

"BZZZZZZ"

"NOOOO!"

Ha, I'm only kidding about that, I dont have a Valentine...

OT: Great video, looking fowards to Portal 2 even more now :D

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Sadly my wife gets motion sick when playing portal for very long. She says she wants to try and tough it out though.

Phew.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
That video was really cute. I especially like how the coworker was spinning around in his (I'll assume her) chair, holding the diamond tightly while the happy couple experimented with the gravity gun.
Maybe I should get my hubby playing Portal 1 for starters... Taking all bets on how long he'll last before he gets motion sickness!!

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
I think this is a really good marketing idea. Very funny indeed, and as mentioned, much better than just a press release saying 'Portal 2 is now available for pre-order'

Well done indeed to whoever came up with that video

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Happy Valve-ntines day all..

*i see what you did there*

Is unbelivebly psyched for this game :)

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
favorite quote:
"women love diamonds for their large range of industrial applications"
SO true!

Nuckelavee

Jun 12, 2010
Anybody else notice that there's a sentry turret moonlighting as an office worker in the second row of desks?

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Damn, I just bought this huge diamond last week but now I don't know what to do with it. I guess I'll have to destroy it, since I don't want anybody to get crushed by it.

OT: I'm really excited for this game. If it's as funny as this video, then it's already bought.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Nuckelavee said:
Anybody else notice that there's a sentry turret moonlighting as an office worker in the second row of desks?
Yes I did. Obviously, it's not security, or it'd have shot those bees dead on sight.

... I didn't know Ryan Industries made flower bouquets, by the way, that's interesting. (That was honestly the only thing I could think of during that bee bit xD)

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
You got to love their sense of humor but also it is a beautiful do video // This is the love that, when but into games, creates some wonderful products

-M

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Well, darn, I can't risk my sweetheart's safety, so what am I going to do with my giant, 126-carat, 2-feet wide, 6-feet tall, industrial diamond I was planning to give to my sweetheart?