Matthew Vaughn Wants To Make Clint Eastwood A Superhero

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Matthew Vaughn Wants To Make Clint Eastwood A Superhero

Now that X-Men: First Class is almost out, director Matthew Vaughn has revealed he wants his next flick to be about retired heroes.

Matthew Vaughn just can't seem to stop making movies based on comics. Between Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class, the man has demonstrated a love for young heroes; however, his next project is going to be about retired superheroes, and he really wants to get some A-list talent involved with the movie.

Vaughn is working on an adaptation of The Golden Age (a rough picture of which is seen here), a comic book by Jonathan Ross and Tommy Lee Edwards about a superhero retirement community. The basic premise sounds like a lot of fun: a group of retired heroes put the tights back on one more time so they can help their grandchildren save the world (after the kids' parents do a crap heroic job and endanger the world).

Not much other info about the project is available yet, but Vaughn is reportedly hoping to some big-name (and old) actors like Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, and Warren Beatty in starring roles. Personally, I'd be totally down with watching The Joker team up with Dirty Harry and Dick Tracy, so hopefully this movie gets the cast Vaughn wants.

Source: Bleeding Cool via <a href=http://io9.com/#!5763246/matthew-vaughns-next-film-the-expendables-with-superheroes>io9

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
If Clint's character is anything like his character from gran torino it will be an awesome film

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Wasn't Clint Eastwood originally asked to play Superman, and he refused and Reeves took the job instead? Not sure if he'd want to take a role like that now if he didn't want it 40 years ago.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I sense another movie like Red and that could be very bad.

Also when I read that I kept thinking Vince Vaughn which could make for a weird movie but Jon Favreau does some pretty good work so maybe some sense has rubbed off on him.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Huh, now he's with Johnathan Ross after doing Kick-Ass with Ross' wife, Jane Goldman. Well, that's my useless trivia used up, good day to you fine sirs.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone else remember when Clint was rumored to play Batman in a film of The Dark Knight Returns? That would have been awesome. I don't know how Clint would have looked with a moustache though.

Mar 26, 2008
They should hurry up and book Clint in for the role of Roland Deschain for the Dark Tower movie/series before he (heaven forbid) keels over.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
I read the article title not noticing it began with Matthew Vaughn, so I clicked on this thinking someone was making a comic book where Clint Eastwood got superpowers and fought crime.
The movie sounds interesting enough, it could be pretty good.

NoDamnNames

Feb 25, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
They should hurry up and book Clint in for the role of Roland Deschain for the Dark Tower movie/series before he (heaven forbid) keels over.
He is already to old for the role, i think it calls for a fistful of dollars era Clint instead (which Stephen King admits he modeled Roland after)

after all the terrible king movies ive seen I dont want Follywood to ruin the dark tower tooooo!

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Clint Eastwood doesn't die. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he got bored of this plane of existence and found another one. No time soon I hope.

Mar 26, 2008
NoDamnNames said:
He is already to old for the role, i think it calls for a fistful of dollars era Clint instead (which Stephen King admits he modeled Roland after)

after all the terrible king movies ive seen I dont want Follywood to ruin the dark tower tooooo!
Good point. I always imagined Roland as a slightly older 'Fistful of Dollars' Eastwood.
They could always CG reverse age him like they did with Jeff Bridges in Tron Evolution.

I just don't want them to fuck it up!

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
As much as i´d like to see this happen...Vaughn must be delusional.

Clint will NEVER be a part of that film. He´s focused on directing.In the final stage of his career he only appeared in his own movies. He gave himself the perfect "farewell" to his film career with Gran Torino. Why taint that by appearig in a superhero movie(one of the most overexposed subgenres in recent memory)?

I also think that getting Jack Nicholson is a bit unrealistic. Sure, he´s already been in a superhero movie, but i think he´s over it now. Warren Beatty hasnt done anything in a while, as far as i know. Dunno if he´d be up for this.

Now if he tries to cast people like Kurt Russel, Bruce Willis, Sam Jackson,Robert DeNiro or Morgan Freeman...i might believe Vaughn. Robert Redford would fit in nicely too, but he wouldnt do it, i guess.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I thought Clint Eastwood retired from acting. But everyone else sounds pretty cool.