One Classy Trailer

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
One Classy Trailer

?X-Men: First Class? may be the most open, unapologetic example of a major movie studio ?taking a Mulligan? on a franchise in Hollywood history.

Read Full Article

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Sounds like it's really only doing more damage to the X-Men film series than before. I think I'll just stick to the first two and see what Aronofsky has in store.
And Nightcrawler was only in his twenties I thought in X2, so it wouldn't make sense for him to be conceived in First Class if it takes place 40 years prior. If it's in the same timeline at all.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
It's official.

I'm wet for this movie.

Really looking forward to some good ol' buddies turning against each other because of idealogical differences action.
Plus, that helmet looks reeeally slick.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Okay, Bob, you've convinced me this could be fun. I wanna see it now. And happy birthday.

Aside: the entire diamond-girl concept is just so damn cool and awesome... but damn Marvel to the seven hells for giving her the name of my ex.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
I am not looking forward to a movie that'll likely paint the Cuban Missile Crisis as some bizarre fiction where the Soviets were horrible aggressors. I know there's a big predilection to romanticize Kennedy and everything he was involved with, but seeing such recent history fall into the land of "extraordinary myth" so soon irks me.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
that trailer is so bad-ass. this summer is REALLY gearing up to be the most epic movie summer since 2008.

also nice catch bob. i never realized that was Kevin 'freaking' Bacon next to Frost..awesome

onyx452

Jan 27, 2010
I'm eager, but only because I (for some reason) still have faith in the X-Men universe. I remember growing up with the tv show and being so excited for X1 and X2 (X3 can die in a fire).

onyx452

Jan 27, 2010
I'm eager, but only because I (for some reason) still have faith in the X-Men universe. I remember growing up with the tv show and being so excited for X1 and X2 (X3 can die in a fire).

erandure

Jan 30, 2011
Awesome trailer, excellent analysis but isn't Havok's laser being shot from his hand, not his chest?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I liked the Wolverine film.

Alright, the logic of the adamantium bullets (and the idea of them in the first place) is fucking stupid, but I liked much of the rest.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Sabrestar said:
Okay, Bob, you've convinced me this could be fun. I wanna see it now. And happy birthday.

Aside: the entire diamond-girl concept is just so damn cool and awesome... but damn Marvel to the seven hells for giving her the name of my ex.
Why not all Nine hells?

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Looks cool as hell. I'm split about the continuity thing though. For the good part, since all "mainstram" x-men are too young to appear, they have to dig deeper and explore the mythology, which is nice. On the other hand, it means having to stick to bad ideas done in previous films. Ideally, this ones does good, and they decide to say, no, it was not a part of the other films, and continue on from that point, thus we can re-explore the characters, and keep away from ugly costumes.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
*looks up mister sinister at end of article...

so is this some fan-theory that first-class will be a new trilogy and have apocalypse as the main bad-dude or something? i am no Xman expert but isn't he like the ultimate Xmen villian?

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Holy crap that was an awesome trailer.

I've officially gone from not caring about the movie to looking forward to it.

Aurini

Apr 29, 2009
Good lord, I couldn't care less about this movie. My apathy is so profound that it's at risk of infecting The Avengers - a franchise that I've loved so far, and am looking forward to. Why do they have to keep shoving this garbage down our throats? Reboot after reboot, remake following remake -

Hey, Hollywood - get some original material that doesn't suck!