Super Harmony: The Superhero Version of eHarmony

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Super Harmony: The Superhero Version of eHarmony

Team Unicorn is back, this time showing off a website that lets ordinary folks make a romantic connection with DC Comics characters.

These days, a lot of TV channels in the U.S. are overrun with ads for dating sites like eHarmony, Chemistry.com and Match.com. This isn't all that surprising: Online dating is pretty big business (in 2010, <a href=http://www.datingsitesreviews.com/staticpages/index.php?page=online-dating-industry-facts-statistics>the industry was valued at $4 billion). As a result, Team Unicorn has created its own online dating commercial for "Super Harmony", a parody of eHarmony that features stories of how normal people were able to find love with comic book icons.

The video features romantic success stories for characters Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Poison Ivy. Basically, someone shows up on camera, talking about why they decided to use an online dating service, and then they're shown with the person they were matched with. Personally, my favorite bit is when Lex Luthor is talking about how he desperately wants to kill Superman and his girlfriend, Jenny, does a finger walk up his shoulder.

Team Unicorn even went so far as to create a site for Super Harmony, complete with a questionnaire that (theoretically) would let you find your perfect comic book match. Unfortunately, there's no match generator at the bottom of the survey, but maybe Team Unicorn will provide an update that will make the site a little more interactive.

Source: <a href=http://www.superharmony.com>Super Harmony via <a href=http://twitter.com/#!/trixie360/status/38679202748317696>Trixie's Twitter Account

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Awesome.

To think how popular this would be with nerds world wide???

Hats off to the actor playing Batman, he made a really good effort at removing some of the cheese.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
The batman one made me laugh. That was really good.

*Captcha: tookWe Institute?? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
Cat woman+Shaggy.Matched July 8 2010
Shaggy: Found mauled by the family cat according to his grieving widowed wife.

OT: For some reason this reminds me of the first minute of the Incredables, I don't know why.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:

OT: For some reason this reminds me of the first minute of the Incredables, I don't know why.
SIR I AM APPALED BY YOUR RUDENESS!HAVE AT YOU! *glove slap*
Hay, you know the risk of dating a super villain.

That is why I am going with Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, because she is both loyal and funny, and a doctor! Ok, she's an intern at the Aslylum, but she's getting there.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I don't like the service. My neighbor a few years back was a married superhero trying to set me up with a coworker of hers. "She's from Venus", she said. "Is that okay? I know some guys don't go for interracial relationships." But I'm a progressive fellow, color of skin's not a big deal with me. (And you know what they say about purple chicks, right? ;)

So she gave me a link to her coworker's Facebook and suggested I start up with a discussion of Farmville because she just loved it so much. That was a bit of a turnoff, but then she said her friend was also on Super Harmony and I was like... really? I mean, when I meet a girl in spandex I just want to start with a nice date - you know, some laughs and maybe her carrying me as we fly over the city. Nothing big like naming our future kids or getting stuffed in a fridge right away. When I see the ads for Super Harmony it just makes me think the users want to get married ASAP - there's kind of a smell of desperation about the site, you know? She's hot and could lift/have ten guys like me whenever she wanted, so why is she so desperate to get hitched? Is something wrong with her?

So yeah, I never followed up on that one. Fortunately my neighbor had to leave to deal with some satellite-eating alien threat and I moved while she was away, so no awkward questions asking why I hadn't gone out with her yet.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Ah, Team Unicorn. First the geek and gamer girls song, then the zombie holiday and now this. Damn, I love those girls.

And because I feel like it:
<youtube=0UqEhUm2B_8>

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:

SIR I AM APPALED BY YOUR RUDENESS!HAVE AT YOU! *glove slap*
Hay, you know the risk of dating a super villain.

That is why I am going with Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, because she is both loyal and funny, and a doctor! Ok, she's an intern at the Aslylum, but she's getting there.
Dude she dresses like a clown for kicks.Plus shes Jokers girl he will effin maul you!
Your kidding right? The Joker? How could that be possible... What is that gas... ga... HA HAH AHA HAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
Single male seeking amazonian princess for long walks on the beach, engaging conversation, and joining the mile high club without a plane.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
rancher of monsters said:
Single male seeking amazonian princess for long walks on the beach, engaging conversation, and joining the mile high club without a plane.
How about this one? Single male seeks that magic woman, for saving the world, walks on the beach, and more.