New Game of Thrones Preview Takes a Grand Tour of Westeros

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
New Game of Thrones Preview Takes a Grand Tour of Westeros

Ahead of the launch of the Game of Thrones TV miniseries, which is based on the first novel in George RR Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series, HBO is showing off the people and places of its dark and gritty world.

The video starts with the frozen wastes of the north, heading south to the vibrant city of King's Landing, and then across the sea to the land of the Dothraki horsemen.

There are snippets of the show itself, plus short interviews with the cast, executive producers, and even Martin himself, describing the some of the places the show will go to when it debuts in April. If you're a fan of A Song of Fire and Ice, then this is almost certain to excite you, but it's also a pretty decent introduction if you haven't read the books and the TV show is your first experience with the series' machinations and feuds.

The show looks to be of a very high quality, as you might expect with an HBO show, and stars the likes of Sean Bean and Lena Headley, who have previously appeared in the Lord of the Rings movies and 300, respectively.

Game of Thrones debuts on HBO on April 17th.

Source: Collider [http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-preview/77453/]

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Words cannot describe how much I cant wait for this show. Sean Bean is gonna be a perfect Ned Stark. The Dothraki horse people I also cant wait to see, Daenery look fine!

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
*squeeeeeeeeee*
gonna have to get HBO for this. i had been planning to wait and buy it on DVD, but i don't think i can wait that long.

also, gonna have to reread the series for the umpteenth time. i predict riots at book stores if he ever actually finishes ADwD. so much pent up frustration and desire there :p

MrJoyless

May 26, 2010
If this show is half as good as the books....aww what am i saying....a quarter as good as the books....itll be the best thing TV has ever seen

ever

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
The video made it look pretty impressive. Now I'm going to need to find out if my box gets HBO... Or perhaps look into the books.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Calcium said:
The video made it look pretty impressive. Now I'm going to need to find out if my box gets HBO... Or perhaps look into the books.
oh, you simply must!

haha, seriously, though. read the books. they'll blow your mind right out your frakkin' skull!

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Yes a million times yes. Only read the first one, so far, but im 500 pages into no.2 ...

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Ahhhhh looking forward to thiiis!

I've only ever been able to find the first one in bookshops though, and considering the ending of the first one...

I WANT TO KNOW MORE!

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
OK. This whole thing is made of absolute win. the casting is impeccable, the passion and dedication is undenaible. The Material is spectacular.

What more do you need.

just plugging my user group Winter is Coming [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Winter-is-Coming] for general series chat and content sourced from the official fansite Winter is Coming! [http://winter-is-coming.net/]

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't fucking wait for April 17th. Also, when is George RR Martin going to release the last book!?!?!?!

dandahammer

Partaker of adult beverages
Jun 2, 2009
Sir Moomin said:
How would i get hold of this in the UK ?
http://grrm.livejournal.com/196633.html for those in the United Kingdom. 4-18.

I will have to get HBO soon...

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Yep, got to remember to order HBO for when this debuts.

So ... freaking ... pumped.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
Perhaps now that this is done, George will have time to finish A Dance With Dragons.

Please?

Look, you pretty much have to by the end of season three, buddy.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Kavonde said:
Perhaps now that this is done, George will have time to finish A Dance With Dragons.

Please?

Look, you pretty much have to by the end of season three, buddy.
My Sources close to the big man indicate that there may well be a sneaky book announcement coinciding with the start of the series....Just Sayin

and Book 3 is planned to be split over 2 seasons while books 4 and 5 will probably be combined over 3 more seasons. Gives him plenty of time to stay ahead of the game.

wvanhee

Feb 23, 2011
Apologies if this is pedantic but:

"George RR Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series"

The actual name of the series is "A Song of Ice and Fire".

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
This is gonna rule. I´m a huge fan of the books and i cant wait for A Dance with Dragons. This tv show might be able to quench my thirst for Westerosian entertainment. It looks great so far.

HODOR!