Dead Space 2: Severed Gets a Release Date and a Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dead Space 2: Severed Gets a Release Date and a Trailer

[video=2799]​
Severed, the upcoming DLC for Dead Space 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-2-Xbox-360/dp/B00309U0M6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298493052&sr=8-1], finally has a release date and a trailer, too.

Electronic Arts actually announced Dead Space 2: Severed back in Dead Space: Extraction [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107263-EA-Announces-Dead-Space-2-Severed-UPDATED], once again straps on his armor, picks up a gun and starts killing everything he sees. As a hard-hitting Security Officer, Weller brings unique armor and a more powerful pulse rifle, just the thing for butchering his way from one end of the Sprawl to the other.

And what's a DLC announcement without a trailer to back it up? EA has that base covered too, with a new video revealing the Sprawl in all its oppressively underlit glory.

Dead Space 2: Severed will sell for 560 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live Network or $6.99 on the PlayStation Network. PC gamers, I'm sorry to say, will have to do without.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Oooo... that looks good. I even hared that the 'Twitcher' necromorph from the first game is coming back.(I think I saw it in the trailer)

But that sucks its not also for the PC. Sometimes I fell sorry for you guys.

Alfid Zeiss

Feb 28, 2010
What happens to Nate?
And how does Gabe know about Isaac?
And can we unlock that cool looking rig on multiplayer?
AND HOW DID LEXINE AND GABE GET IT ON?!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Gabe Weller wasn't the hero...McNeill was.

Gabe was just the best character.

So, I'm very psyched for this. VERY PSYCHED INDEED.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Looks good. Or rather, the parts I can see look good. Most of that trailer was so dark that all I could see was black with flashes or light. Should be worth picking up though.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Fuck yes, glad to see Gabe and Lexine are alive and well.

Lexine is likely the only hope humanity has at developing a resistance to the marker and whatever higher existence is behind it.

So fucking psyched for Severed. More campaign is always a good thing.

Here's hopes that we're going to see periodic releases throughout the year and that maybe we can expect a 'bridge the gap' piece of DLC for some post game content for Dead Space 2.

Also, some map packs and a hefty multiplayer update would be nice too.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
That's a really nice price, too. I was expecting it to cost at least 800 MSP/$10. Gonna grab this as soon as it launches.

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
Oh my god, yes! yes! yes! Trailer looked really intense and i'm really exited for this. I only hope that this would be just a bit scarier than the original game.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Ah... whilst I can't have the DLC (unless it also turns out to be on the disc, hah) I'm a little concerned that it's DLC at all. Their subplot deserves something full game length. I'm concerned it'll be a bit... well, shallow, which would be unfortunate.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Lexine is still alive!?

Well, if they had released it for PC, I wouldn't have to watch an LP of it, but would be PLAYING it. Well done, EA.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
If we PC gamers all pitch in $7 or equivalent, can someone hack this onto the PC? With outr joint funds,it has to be worth someones while, surely.

Red-Link

Feb 10, 2010
I can't wait for this. I loved Extraction's characters and I really hope McNeill isn't dead.

Ken Sapp

Cat Herder
Apr 1, 2010
Devs and publishers need to quit favoring some platforms over others. There is no legitimate reason to release DLC on one or two but not all platforms a game is released on.

Maybe EA just hates money? That is the only reason I can think of for neglecting one market.