Predator Gets Hilarious Musical Re-Imagining

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Predator Gets Hilarious Musical Re-Imagining

"If it bleeds, we can kill it" isn't just a phrase to live your life by, it also makes a great song title.

There's not a lot of things that you could really add to the movie Predator to make it better, but if Jon and Al Kaplan's efforts are anything to go by, a fun musical number might be one of them. Following on from their Conan the Barbarian and Terminator 2 musicals, the duo has added something altogether tuneful to the 1987 sci-fi movie.

The song, entitled "It It Bleeds, We Can Kill It," comes roughly midway through the movie, after the Predator has killed Blain - played by former Minnesotan governor, Jesse "The Body" Ventura - and then vanished into the jungle. Dutch - Arnold Schwarzenegger's character - and his team start setting traps for the creature in the hopes of avenging Blain's death. The song then skips ahead to the end of the movie, when Dutch must face the creature alone.

The music is based around Alan Silvestri's score, and contains a number of lines from the script, as well as an observation about shaving that will almost certainly raise a smile with fans of the movie. The Kaplan's sing most of the parts themselves, with the exception of Anna, who is sung by vocalist Sharmila Guha. Jon Kaplan does such a good impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, it's probably worth the price of admission by itself.

Source: Blastr [http://blastr.com/2011/02/predator-the-musical-yes.php]

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
By God that was so well done! The end was great, better than the Spider Man musicial. I just want be in a actual musicial, a predator prancing around.

Feb 9, 2011
The greatest musical ever I dare say? Now scrape that Spiderman musical (if it hasn't been already) and do this instead. There's gold in that there musical!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's actually not bad. I was expecting more of the junk people put out to clog up youtube, but there was a point to making that.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
That was pure awesome.

The choppa is close...Man this just made my day. Thank you Escapist!

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
brunothepig said:
Hahaha I loved this. However, I think Austrian Death Machine do it better.
This is the very first thing i thought of when i saw the title. You beat me to the video, crafty ninja you.
unacomn said:
No "Get to the choppa"? That's lame :\

Still awesome though.

Will that suffice?

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
TheComedown said:
brunothepig said:
This is the very first thing i thought of when i saw the title. You beat me to the video, crafty ninja you.
unacomn said:

Still awesome though.

Will that suffice?
I'll ninja the hell outta you haha.
I'm seeing that guy in April! Not as Austrian Death Machine obviously, but As I Lay Dying are supporting Trivium, who are supporting Disturbed... I'm leaving after Trivium.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
brunothepig said:
TheComedown said:
brunothepig said:
unacomn said:

Still awesome though.

Will that suffice?
I'll ninja the hell outta you haha.
I'm seeing that guy in April! Not as Austrian Death Machine obviously, but As I Lay Dying are supporting Trivium, who are supporting Disturbed... I'm leaving after Trivium.
Nice, where at? My mates going to that, I'm not going to be going but, I only like AILD and thats not enough to justify the price and putting up with the crowds.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
That was really cool! "Stop shaving you don't have a beard!" Haha...I think the first predator is the only one that I haven't seen. I need to get on that.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
brunothepig said:
No, because I can only understand every 10th word.