Heavy Rain Cut Into Spoilerific 3 Hour Movie

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Heavy Rain Cut Into Spoilerific 3 Hour Movie

If you don't feel like playing Heavy Rain, but still want to get depressed, just watch this lengthy movie instead.

Quantic Dream's PlayStation 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Rain-Playstation-3/dp/B002CZ38KA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298560251&sr=8-1], a player has cut the game's segments into a nearly 3 hour movie.

Now, without even having to pick up a controller, you can experience the entire story of Heavy Rain. Watching the movie is not quite the same as playing the game, because Heavy Rain is unique in that it just keeps on going even if one of the characters dies. Whatever happens in Heavy Rain, happens.

As far as I can tell, the movie follows the "best" path possible, where all of Heavy Rain's characters live. Up until the end anyway, not to spoil the spoiler or anything.

The story is is definitely one of Heavy Rain's biggest allures, making the video actually worth watching. The only thing it doesn't express is the enjoyment of opening cabinets and orange juice containers in real time. For that, you'll just have to buy a PS3.

Source: Kotaku [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0JFhvugVNI]

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
So will this be similar to how the film plays out I wonder? This is similar to when someone posted all the options on Youtube and put it up as the whole game for free =)

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
This is like a "lets play" I guess. Man, I forgot how much fun I had playing this game.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Well, this may save me 60 bucks. :p

But... ehh, fuck it, I'll just buy the game.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
The only thing it doesn't express is the enjoyment of opening cabinets and orange juice containers in real time. For that, you'll just have to buy a PS3.
I like, although I think it's a rather expensive way to go about it and so I shall just have to go without this pleasure.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Tom Goldman said:
If you don't feel like playing Heavy Rain, but still want to get depressed, just watch this lengthy movie instead.
Seeing as how Heavy Rain was about as interactive as a movie anyway I guess I might as well. Will save me the effort of having to press X every so often.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Watched half of it yesterday.

It was interesting enough, even though i feel that of all people in the game, Ethan Mars looks the worst graphically and has the most awkward animations. Yet he is the one the gamer spends the most time with, it seems.

Cuddly Knife

May 20, 2009
Seri
LegendaryGamer0 said:

I would say buy it for the whole experience if you have the option. It really is a great tale, but even better when your choices can affect the outcomes.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Simply watching the "best" story doesn't do the game justice. In just a few replies, I've noticed people operating under the assumption that this is a linear story with quicktime events. They would be wrong. It plays rather different if the "main" protagonist konks out early, for example. And then there's soooo many choices in the interim. Of course, once you know the story, replaying the game is an effort, since the story IS the main appeal.

I told myself, after beating it, that I will treat it like a movie. I will shelf it for a time that it's ready to be played again, when enough of the story has faded in my mind. Though, I won't have to figure out who the murderer is. That, my only complaint, doesn't change.

BonsaiK said:
Tom Goldman said:
Seeing as how Heavy Rain was about as interactive as a movie anyway I guess I might as well. Will save me the effort of having to press X every so often.
it's considerably more interactive than that.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
If you own a PS3, and don't have this game, get it. It is definitely a unique experience that everyone should have, and it's likely we won't get another game like this for a loooooong time D:

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Cuddly Knife said:
Seri
LegendaryGamer0 said:

I would say buy it for the whole experience if you have the option. It really is a great tale, but even better when your choices can affect the outcomes.
But... I NEED TO BUY YAKUZA 3!

And 4 is on the horizon!

AAAAGGGHHHH, CHOICES!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Haha, this is pretty fantastic. It drives me nuts how the voices are out of sync though.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
This is good for people who don't want to play the game. But I question why someone wouldn't want to play the game. Its brilliant.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Is it still riddled with plot holes, or did he cut the stupid shit out?

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Well, watched it...and I enjoyed it. This was gonna be a game I was going to have to skip (Don't own a ps3). If I end up with a PS3 though, i'll probs get the game.

Bwown

Jun 22, 2010
Le Tueur said:
Maybe the company could have just ported the game to other consoles as people OBVIOUSLY want to play it? Hah! Everyone knows console exclusives sell more right? Just look at the list of best selling games, oh wait...
Yeah, but Sony published it so it's not going to happen. Just like people who only own a PS3 can't play Mass Effect 1, because Microsoft published it.