Gears of War 3 Hands-On

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Gears of War 3 Hands-On

Mantle kicks, curb stops, and headshots for chickens? I?m in.

Read Full Article

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Hopefully they've nerfed the shotgun a bit, or at least made the other weapons more useful. The multiplayer is awesome, but it gets tiring when all you do is roll melee shotgun.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Godamnit I was just starting to forget about Gears 3 after the hype of the beta being announced a while back, and now I am all excited for it again.

Thanks for the info, I am liking all these new changes so far. Let's just hope the single player is up to scratch.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I got the epic edition of bulletstorm so I can try the beta when it's out....however I guess I need Gold Membership to try the beta...curses.

2 different lancers now? "Regular" lancer with chainsaw and retro with bayonet on it?

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
therandombear said:
I got the epic edition of bulletstorm so I can try the beta when it's out....however I guess I need Gold Membership to try the beta...curses.

2 different lancers now? "Regular" lancer with chainsaw and retro with bayonet on it?
Its a pendulum war lancer.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
PixelKing said:
therandombear said:

Its a pendulum war lancer.
Cool...Don't know if they'll make it, but I would like a pre-quel to Gears of War 1. Game set during pendulum wars, and maybe even earlier leading up to the pendulum wars. Before the locust, first encounter with locust and then gears 1.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Seconded less shotty action please. The shotgun is the most fun weapon WHEN it's actually situational so you feel like an actual badass when you use it.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Multiplayer sounds much more team based than the the previous games with some of these new additions, rather than just a bunch of people gettin' together in one game and goin' all out.

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
Figures I get excited about this game again when I no longer have the system or energy to play it. I'll have to figure something out by the time the release date rolls around.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I really hope I have the money for this when it comes out.

I've read a few things about this game that have worried me, but pretty much everything in this article was a plus, from my perspective.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
It sounds like they're trying to make rushing the enemy a better tactic. Which makes sense, as it used to be best to just chill behind cover and wait for a head to poke out.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Heh I asked the VP of Epic if I could pirate Bulletstorm, sadly he said no.

OT: I never got into Gears multi, but horde mode was a fucking blast. Got so close to beating it too before my internet cut out and I got dced from the match. Never got close to that level ever again. I hope horde is just as addicting in this one.

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
Oh, so the game looks polished already and it's nearly ready? Good, it should be out soo- OH WAIT! September was it? C'moon Epic!

"Epic hopes it can still benefit from additional time in development." my ass. They are just holding it back for marketing window. When they are holding the game for this long it better be good and have no online problems. Atleast they are giving us a beta, i appreciate that.

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
I can't wait for the beta. That was, of course, one of the reasons I bought Bulletstorm...

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I'm not getting hyped up for this. I did for Gears 2 and then I was let down. The campaign was good but the multiplayer was very sucky in my opinion.

Meatman

Oct 28, 2009
They said they were ironing out the kinks in Gears 2 months before it came out... That still needed 6 title updates before it was playable online.

So long as the multi-player is balanced, I'm ok with it. But please, remove the massive explosion when the hammer of dawn activates. It doesn't make sense to die from it when you are 10m deep into a building.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I never got into the Gears 2 competitive multiplayer cuz I just kept dying a lot...I wasn't bad at the game otherwise when it came to Campaign or Horde. Must've been that darned shotgun!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
K_Dub said:
Multiplayer sounds much more team based than the the previous games with some of these new additions, rather than just a bunch of people gettin' together in one game and goin' all out.
thats what was fun about the first game, they ruined that in the second game.

people dont tend to favour team based games, unless they play with clans and such, why do u think call of duty is so popular, because u can go commando on everyones arse, if u give people a game that only really works when u work together, they wont play it religeously, unless they are truly badass