EVE Online Dev CCP Creating 150 More Jobs in U.S.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
EVE Online Dev CCP Creating 150 More Jobs in U.S.

CCP is based in Iceland, but the company is expanding its operations in the U.S. as it works on a console tie-in and World of Darkness.

Iceland has had its share of economic hardships, and as CCP continues to expand into bold new territories, it only makes sense for that growth to be stateside. The merger with the tabletop RPG company White Wolf, in which it acquired all of the World of Darkness and Vampire: The Masquerade IP, might also have a lot to do with CCP creating 150 new jobs in its new offices in Decatur, Georgia. When all the positions are filled, CCP will have a total of 300 people working on the console FPS tie-in to the Eve Online universe called Dust 514 and the World of Darkness MMO.

The State of Georgia is just tickled pink at a high-tech company building up a workforce in its borders. "For digital entertainment companies, Georgia brings to bear a competitive set of resources for this industry that makes our state a strategic home for game developers like CCP," said Georgia Governor Nathan Deal. "It is also encouraging to see an existing Georgia company expand and take full advantage of our state's progressive business atmosphere, and enhance its commitment to Georgia."

Hopefully, this growth means that CCP is entering the final stages on both of its big-ticket projects, and we hope to get a release window for both of them at the EVE Fanfest scheduled March 24-26 in Reykjavík, Iceland.

Source: Gamesindustry.biz [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-02-24-ccp-creating-150-us-jobs-over-3-years]

Novania

Feb 5, 2009
Thats pretty cool, kinda wish I lived in the US for that.
But an FPS tie-in for EVE would be awesome.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Dust is going to be sweet! Finally, the glorious PC-gaming Master Race will be able to use the console trash mobs for the only thing they are good for, slavery and entertainment through BLOODSPORT!

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Baresark said:
I can't believe the creations of 300 jobs is newsworthy.
In "this" economy.. though look at it from the other side 150 more people will get a job of their lifetime!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Gogo Dust 514!

From all the pre-release stuffs they've released so far, it looks amazing. Also, the EVE tie-ins should be interesting, to say the least.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Georgia has electricity?

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Finally after coming back the U.S. i have something to aspire to. Time for me to take a short drive down the street! Literally. wonder if they need interns? Didn't even know they were here. wonder if they will get bothered by me not accent having a native accent?

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Novania said:
Thats pretty cool, kinda wish I lived in the US for that.
But an FPS tie-in for EVE would be awesome.
Oh good! For a second there, I didn't notice the FPS part; thought CCP had gone nuts and was trying to bring EVE to consoles!

For anyone who hasn't played EVE, putting that on a console would be like trying to make a console version of Microsoft Excel. Yeah.

But yeah, an EVE FPS could be pretty awesome. Come to think of it, did Ambulations ever get done? I haven't been on EVE in ages.