The Week in Review: Cosplay, Anonymous, and Lawsuits

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review: Cosplay, Anonymous, and Lawsuits

In this week's edition, there are guns with fiery boobs and Anonymous gets one over on a hateful church.

PS3 Hacker Asks Internet For Money and Gets it in Abundance

George Hotz, doesn't really have the funds for a protracted court battle with Sony, did he the only thing he could do, and asked the internet for help. Clearly, the internet was in a charitable mood, because within 18 hours, he had all the money he needed for the first phase of his defense. On his website, Hotz said that thanks to the generosity of the people, he wouldn't lose to a "bully" simply because he lacked the resources to fight. (Link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107899-PS3-Hacker-Raised-All-the-Legal-Funds-Needed-to-Beat-Sony-in-a-Weekend])

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
1. *Insert insult to metroid Other M here*
2. I'm more and more convinced that the westboro baptist church is on a suicide mission to somehow make even more people hate them, there was no threat from anonymous to begin with because despite initial appearances many members of anonymous respect freedom of speech above all else. The WBC is disgusting but they are using their freedom of speech (albeit in an unbelievable stupid way). we can only stop them by ignoring them.
3. I keep getting more excited for this game. I hope that Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem: forever bring back the fun arcade shooter and offer an alternative to the brown-gray military shooters that won't stop clogging up the release charts.
4.I really don't have anything clever to say.
5. That's actually pretty heartwarming

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Hehe, what a great week indeed.

I'm following Drakmeire's format:

1. It was great to see someone redeeming herself with one of the most iconic female characters videogames can have. No, I'm not saying anything about Other M.

2. I love Anonymous and their 9000 sins comment was just priceless, but I seriously wanted to slap that *****, I really, really wanted to. Also, that smile is just wrong...

3. Just got Bulletstorm and it's simply amazing. I can't wait to unlock Yahtzee's tits on fire =)

4. I liked Shaun's trailer, but not as much as the original Dead Island trailer. It shows how skilled the guy is at editing.

5. I just hope GeoHotz can punch this huge, huge bully in the nuts.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
1. It's good to see a nice story here once in a while.

2. Drama that's being overplayed to hide some important news piece somewhere.

3. One of those silly little things that happens.

4. An idea from an idea.

5. I'm glad GeoHotz has the money to help defend himself while Sony decides to do stupid all over again. This is Sony's new Lik Sang. In case anyone was wondering about LIk Sang, Sony actually sued a business that was selling Asian PSP games to gamers outside of the Asian market. Yes, think about what I just wrote there. Sony is spending money to get a business to NOT sell their legitimate product.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
First story, awesome, and really good for you girl.

Second, Please Anonymous kept the websites shut down.

Third, GO YAHTZEE

Fourthly, Shaun of the Dead still when of the best movies to watch if you want a laugh.

Finally, YAH GEO, keep on keepin' on.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
1. Aww'd

2. Lol'd

3. Lol'd

4. Lol'd

5. I was supporting this guy until he made a rap video. Now I hope he gets raped to death by cancer spiders.

Retosa

Jul 10, 2010
mireko said:
1. Aww'd

2. Lol'd

3. Lol'd

4. Lol'd

5. I was supporting this guy until he made a rap video. Now I hope he gets raped to death by cancer spiders.
I still support Geo, but I like to pretend the rap video never happened. I just kinda ignored that aspect of things, whistled and walked away... <.<