Chronicles of Rick Roll: All Your Memes in One Movie

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Chronicles of Rick Roll: All Your Memes in One Movie

An upcoming film brings the best and brightest YouTube stars together at last.

If you're using the internet right now, chances are you've already seen videos such as Bed Intruder [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI]. An upcoming film called The Chronicles of Rick Roll features the cast of these and other popular YouTube hits that have randomly made their way into the consciousnesses of millions.

It doesn't appear to be a joke either. The teaser trailer prominently shows the heroes of the aforementioned videos along with those from Numa Numa [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU].

Not actors, the actual real life YouTube stars. From the teaser, Chronicles of Rick Roll appears to be about a world where these popular videos collide with each other, potentially bringing the world to an end. For example, Yosemitebear from Double Rainbow is shown emerging from the closet of the Freakout Kid. There's also a huge battle scene, for some reason.

Unfortunately, Chronicles of Rick Roll has a lot to live up to. It could be a hilarious amalgam of internet memes, or a really sad crossover that we all wish never existed. For more information on how the film came together, go here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0].

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I... just... wha... how... WHY!?

Do we really need a movie combining memes that were never really funny in the first place?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
It looks REALLY weak, the internet is a fantastic and mysterious world and it could make a really fun and epic movie.

THIS IS THE INTERNET!!!

Where every single atom is a reference to something

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Unfortunately, Chronicles of Rick Roll has a lot to live up to. It could will be a hilarious amalgam of internet memes, or a really sad crossover that we all wish never existed.
Now play it backwards with some bargain bin post-rock.

Whores.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
I thought someone was just going to play rick roll music over the chronicals of riddic movie

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
Why not throw a few 4chan meme into the mix, then you'd have the worst of the worst of the internet combined in a single video.

Shit, whenever congress argues over restrictions on internet content, just show them this video and they'll cencor so much it'd put China to shame.

Jenneh

Jan 27, 2011
Outlaw Torn said:
Surely it is just the set up for the worlds biggest rick roll ever?
That would be the most amazing thing ever. I can just see eveyone in the theatres and all of a sudden they get rick roll'd and the screen goes black. Thanks for your 20$, folks! Thats all!

Feb 13, 2008
I'm 12 and what is this?

Guys, guys, guys...this is OUR version of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. If they can get Techno-viking, Professor Bad Ass, Keyboard Cat as well...

This could just BREAK the Internet.

Thumbs up Cat approves