Crysis 2 Trailer Champions the Power of Invisibility

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Crysis 2 Trailer Champions the Power of Invisibility

The best way to kill evil alien soldiers is to not be seen.

It's a safe bet that since the dawn of time - and the dawn of warfare - human beings have been thinking to themselves, "You know, I bet I could get rid of that jerk Unga much more easily if he couldn't see me coming." Invisibility is one of the all-time classic superpowers: Harry had his cloak, Frodo had his ring, and Wonder Woman had her invisi - er, bad example.

Now, the main character of Crysis 2 joins the field with his super high-tech Nanosuit, as displayed in the trailer you see here to the right. While some of the uses of the Nanosuit's invisibility power seem a bit obvious (stealth up behind an enemy, even though his back is to you and you have a gun) some seem rather creative - lay explosives at your foes' feet, then retreat a safe distance and blow them to kingdom come.

Really, it's the creepy rendition of Sinatra's classic "New York, New York" that sells this. As cool as Crysis 2 looks here, we have to remember that Monty Python was teaching us all how not to be seen [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ] decades ago.

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/25/crysis-2-video-shows-you-how-to-be-invisible/])

Apr 28, 2008
0:26 You call that enhanced speed? Please, the speed in Crysis one made you feel like you were speed-hacking.

Anyway, I loved invisibility in the first. Silently picking off Korean patrols, one by one, while the survivors grew more and more paranoid and scared...

It was fun.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Irridium said:
0:26 You call that enhanced speed? Please, the speed in Crysis one made you feel like you were speed-hacking.
Heh, I bet the speed now is like... wait - I had something for this...

OT: To put it simply, this game has me rocking a massive erection, although I will agree that them turning speed mode into a sprint function is kind of odd. Would have made more sense to keep it at what it was in the first game when you press shift, and just increase the normal run-speed.

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
As long as they don't "dumb it down" for the console players (no offense) i am happy. Though according to a preview i read the game is more linear than the first Crysis. Taking away the open levels from Crysis is like taking away the horror from Silent Hill.

Apr 28, 2008
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
Heh, I bet the speed now is like... wait - I had something for this...
If you go too fast, you may wind up in... the dangerzone!

Mr.Amakir said:
As long as they don't "dumb it down" for the console players (no offense) i am happy. Though according to a preview i read the game is more linear than the first Crysis. Taking away the open levels from Crysis is like taking away the horror from Silent Hill.
Haha, its funny because the horror was taken away from Silent Hill!

Wait...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Mr.Amakir said:
They've said floor space is generally smaller, but there's a lot more opportunity to move vertically because of buildings and craters and whatnot.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, this trailer is quite an improvement over past trailers and I liked the music.

Still not convinced though.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Woodsey said:
Mr.Amakir said:
They've said floor space is generally smaller, but there's a lot more opportunity to move vertically because of buildings and craters and whatnot.
Im happy with that, in the end what I want is the ability to choose my way of going through the level

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
Mr.Amakir said:
Having played the leak at one of my friends' places, yeah. This game looks like a big, dumbed down disappointment. Unless there's a major overhaul, like taking off the damn training wheels (I played until level 7 and the annoying new suit voice still wouldn't shut up about 'TACTICAL OPTIONS AVAILABLE', of which there were two) it doesn't look like it's that good of a game.

Mr.Amakir

Jun 2, 2010
crazypsyko666 said:
Mr.Amakir said:
Having played the leak at one of my friends' places, yeah. This game looks like a big, dumbed down disappointment. Unless there's a major overhaul, like taking off the damn training wheels (I played until level 7 and the annoying new suit voice still wouldn't shut up about 'TACTICAL OPTIONS AVAILABLE', of which there were two) it doesn't look like it's that good of a game.
It's sad to hear that.

Also you are a pirate, or at least you're friend is.

this isnt my name said:
As a console player who played the demo, you will be dissapointd, speed is lacking, its your basic spriint in games like CoD, the guns felt off, hit detection was bad, and in MP expect everyone to "champion the power of invisibility" while they melee you in one hit.
God that is horrible. Why do they have to dumb down games? For gods sake console players aren't stupid!