Ubisoft's Sexy Minigame Collection Too Naughty for U.S.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ubisoft's Sexy Minigame Collection Too Naughty for U.S.

Sorry North America, you won't be spanking each other with a Wii Remote shoved down your pants on Ubisoft's dime.

When the commercial for We Dare was first revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108018-Ubisoft-Unveils-a-Sexy-Wii-Minigame-Compilation-for-Adults], it got a reaction that Ubisoft probably didn't expect. Now, Ubisoft has confirmed that We Dare will never come to markets other than Europe and Australia, and it's trying to hide the game's trailer.

The We Dare commercial baffled much of the gaming media, and the trailer was dubbed over with the soundtracks of anything from the Inception [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107826-Dead-Island-The-Best-Zombie-Game-Trailer-Ever]. Ubisoft has started to block instances of the commercial on copyright grounds in regions such as the U.S. in an apparent attempt to quell the practice.

Ubisoft also told IGN that We Dare would "absolutely not see release in the United States." Notably, this statement isn't as vague as the oft-given: "There are no plans at this time."

The cultural divide between Europe and the U.S. might be too large to survive the PR storm that could surround We Dare. It's too bad, because I really wanted to lick a Wii Remote saucily and have it matter in a game.

Source: IGN [http://wii.ign.com/articles/115/1152147p1.html]

mrverbal

May 23, 2008
bwahahahaha. That's surely someone's early-released april fools joke?

If not: Are american's really so repressed that this game would cause an outrage? Or even be better than fracking aweful?

Sigh. the world we live in.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Sex?! OMG HIDE YO CHILDREN, HIDE YO WIVES

Is America still that conservative? Oh well. Sex and video games; the two biggest evils of our time are once again one.
Now I'm happy to live in Europe.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Honestly I think the gaming community lately has flipped a bit. We're so traumatized by media demonizing us, and so desperate to prove to society that gaming can be an art form, that now we're attacking everything that strays from the concept. Even if a game only does it in the interest of some good natured raunchy fun.

In an effort to disprove our detractors we've become them, and it's kinda ridiculous. I don't see what the big deal is about this game however stupid it may be. It shouldn't be kept from the U.S.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Wait, why wouldn't it go over to you guys? The ad clearly shows ADULTS playing the game. What possible problem is there?

Jackson - Deathclaw

Feb 21, 2009
and so the message is: only Europeans and Australians are sexually deviant enough to have this game...
yeah that makes sense

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The trailer was dubbed over with the soundtracks of anything from the Dead Island teaser to Inception.
That has to be the funniest idea I have heard today.

Ontopic: I really can't see what the point of this game is, but what do I know? It may find a huge market in the untapped niche of games you can play drunk...

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
I don't want it! America please take it back.
Seriously though that advertisement was too painful to watch.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Come on Ubisoft, the stuff shown in the trailer was tame. I don't think americans are that sexually repressed. Or are you? I'm not sure anymore.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
The only thing that baffles me around this whole game is, why would an adult have a Wii unless he had kids. And if he had kids, why would he play something so saucy on his child's Wii?

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
It's instances like this that make me sad to be an American. We need to stop pretending like we don't have and enjoy sex.

Not that I would play this game anyway.

carnege4

Feb 11, 2011
Only in America!

Now i'm thinking.
IF Duke Nuken Forever will really release in the U.S.....
It's a funny thing to wonder

*Hides behind a shield*

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Well, now FOX news might not see it since it isn't going to be advertised to them...optimism guys. Also, WTF!!!! HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THIS IS ANYTHING BUT STUPID! THE TRAILER SHOWS THE People acting really awkward...and how is pretending to eat the wii remote(probably covered in unmentionables) sexy? And smacking the remote into someone's butt, sexy? And the stripping is most likely, not the game. Please, please, please, please, stop trying to make sex console games(LSL anyone?) and just leave it to newgrounds...

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
carnege4 said:
Only in America!

Now i'm thinking.
IF Duke Nuken Forever will really release in the U.S.....
It's a funny thing to wonder

*Hides behind a shield*

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
I don't see how that is sexually explicit at all, it's less than what happens between adults/late teens at weekends in clubs. If this was marketed to kids then it would be bad but its clearly not so there is no issue what so ever.

Apparently in some countries, flirting is completely repulsive and is considered wrong and immoral. This game is just that, flirty fun for adults. It didn't even hint at anything related to a sex act, did anyone see people riding each other's wii remotes or sucking on a remote? No, it was playful harmless adult fun.

Christ knows what would happened if they had released a sex game for adults, adults of all people!

I mean they should ban this in all civilized countries so that teens who may get their hands on it will not be tainted and go back to doing things that healthy normal teens do...like experimenting with drugs, alcohol and sex. Oh wait...