Alleged Modern Warfare 3 Countdown Probably for Fan Film

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Alleged Modern Warfare 3 Countdown Probably for Fan Film

FindMakarov.com is probably related to an upcoming fan project rather than a new Modern Warfare title.

The mystery of countdown website FindMakarov.com may have been solved. Geoff Keighley of GameTrailers and other videogame-related productions has uncovered some of the truth behind the Call of Duty [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Xbox-360/dp/B003JVKHEQ]-esque site and determined that it's definitely not for a new game.

When FindMakarov.com a hoax [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108053-Clock-Possibly-Counting-Down-to-Modern-Warfare-3-Announcement] if it was claiming to have anything to do with a Call of Duty game.

Keighley writes that the site is actually the creation of We Can Pretend, which he describes as "an independent Toronto, Canada-based creative collective." He was told that We Can Pretend plan to launch a Call of Duty inspired project on March 2 that will be "visually spectacular."

An image was sent to Keighley that makes the project out to be a fan film. The image shows an actor dressed as Simon "Ghost" Riley, the soldier from Modern Warfare prequel [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Playstation-3/dp/B00269QLH4/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1298908648&sr=1-2].

We'll find out the truth on March 2. Fans that were excited for a new Modern Warfare title can take solace in the fact that one is probably coming out eventually, and in the meantime can watch whatever We Can Pretend have put together.

Source: GameSlice [http://www.gameslice.com/2011/02/26/what-is-findmakarov/]

hansari

May 31, 2009
I am curious to see how the actors will emulate the daft enemy AI.

Running around and duel wielding uzi's while looking serious is gonna be tough too!

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
A fan project? This is most likely going to be shut down by Activision shortly after it's announcement.

amoamaremetallum

Nov 28, 2010
'in the meantime can watch whatever We Can Pretend have put together.'

Am I the only one who laughed my head off after reading this sentence?

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
I won't lie, I am a bit disappointed it isn't Modern Warfare 3, but somehow that picture gives me the vibe that it will be good. Don't bother asking me how, I just rather like it. Here's hoping whatever it really is for (although it probably is We Can Pretend's fan film) lives up to the mystery its countdown has made.

EDIT: I visited the website again, since I could swear the countdown was for March 1st, not March 2nd (I was wrong, btw) and the design of it has changed. It's now a creepy red colour and instead of General Shepherd, there's some hobo-looking man who I honestly can't identify.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Oh this sounds good. Was kind of expecting it to be a new game though.

On a different note why is everyone interested in Ghost so much? In my eyes the guys dead, I really don't need to see the events leading to his death when I already know the ending.

But anyway, many of the fan films I've seen have been good. Hopefully this is another one I can add to my list.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Here's a teaser...
In today's age of fancy graphics and special effects, how can you be absolutely sure that shot is not from a game?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
HankMan said:
If Ghost is in it, it will probably be some kind of prequel video.
IamQ said:
A fan project? This is most likely going to be shut down by Activision shortly after it's announcement.
Well I sure hope not =/. We Can Pretend obviously put allot of effort into this.
Probably not:

Since this hasn't been taken down.

Cap'n Moe

Apr 14, 2009
Why didnt I think of this before? Go to youtube, and search, Modern Warfare Frozen Crossing. Currently, there is only a part I and II, but a lot of replies have been asking for a third helping. Of course, they change our familiar character's Call Signs to prevent legal action from Activision, but, the films are well put together, and offer some CGI to pull off some stunts. For an independent project, Parts I & II were very well done.