Ninja Gaiden 3 Teaser Trailer Stabs You in the Face

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ninja Gaiden 3 Teaser Trailer Stabs You in the Face

Ever wanted to know what it's like to be a bad guy in the Ninja Gaiden series? (Hint: It's not pretty)

We first heard about not be bound by the series' past [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103497-Team-Ninja-Reveals-Ninja-Gaiden-3]. Other than that, we didn't really know much.

We still don't know much, but this teaser trailer - released in advance of this week's Game Developers' Conference - confirms that we will know more come this year's E3. Which I think we could have all guessed, right?

It's a very brief trailer that features erstwhile Ninja Gaiden hero Ryu Hayabusa stabbing the viewer multiple times in the face, accompanied by the series' ubiquitous showers of blood. Given that the Ninja Gaiden games have a well-deserved reputation for being murderously difficult, feel free to read into this as a metaphor.

This is the very definition of "teaser" - it ends just before Ryu pulls down his mask - but it does a good job at making me want to learn more. I'm not sure why the whole "unmasking Ryu" is supposed to be a big deal, though; didn't we see him unmasked all the time in Dead or Alive?

(Thanks, Alai!)

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
First *freaks out of excitement*

Now thats out the way I can help but notice his arms. The hell is up with them? Is it from the blood, is it his veins, possible demonic growth? What ever it is it looks ugly.

And yes you could see him without his mask in the DOA games. He was unmasked in 1 through 3 and you still unmask him in Ultimate and 4. Why they are focusing on this remains a mystery to me. Perhaps he has a new facial design.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
God, I hope that under his mask is ANOTHER mask :D

Onyx Oblivion said:
Ow. My face.

It's all sliced.

And I'm all dead.
Kinda just like every other Ninja Gaiden :p

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
Imagine how hard this game will be :p *places NG2 in a locked chest under the sea*

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Sums up my feelings on this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuewundDxc

Can't wait. Although, I have to wonder, how is this person still conscious, let alone alive, enough to still be able to see Ryu?

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
PureChaos said:
it's just a flesh wound (free cookie to whoever gets the reference!)
a python reference challenge here?

Please ;)
icyneesan said:
And a naruto reference...unless it's been used before another place ;)

Painful trailer :3

Looks cool, hopefully we will see more later on.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
John Funk said:
This is the very definition of "teaser" - it ends just before Ryu pulls down his mask - but it does a good job at making me want to learn more. I'm not sure why the whole "unmasking Ryu" is supposed to be a big deal, though; didn't we see him unmasked all the time in Dead or Alive?
Maybe it's not Ryu at all, but someone pretending to be Ryu for some reason.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
icyneesan" post="7.267647.10235106 said:

now this part just reminds me of kakashi from naruto, they tried to see what was under his mask and it was just another mask, but OT: looks good considering he just stabbed me in the face several times with a katana covered in blood

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
HankMan said:
"There is nowhere that he will not stab,
but he will focus on the face!"

Man, for a ninja he has one loud sword.
Also, how am I still standing after he cut me that many times?
Enemies in Ninja Gaiden have a reputation for being murderously persistent.
You were probably just getting your bearings before grabbing on to him and detonating the explosives on your body.

That said I am excited, even though the trailer shows me nothing. Blast.