Rumor: Media Molecule Working On Handheld Game

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Rumor: Media Molecule Working On Handheld Game

No official announcements have been made, but Media Molecule just posted a job opening for work on a new portable game.

Sony's got a series of promo videos out for its new NGP system that feature handheld versions of major PS3 titles playing on it, including LittleBigPlanet 2. That said, Media Molecule has yet to actually announce any official plans for a new portable game. However, the developer has posted a job opening for a graphic designer who will work on a new title that "on a portable platform."

The first LittleBigPlanet was ported to the PSP by SCE Cambridge Studio, so rumors are already surging across the Web that Media Molecule will be handling this version. Of course, Media Molecule wasn't officially announcing anything, though the studio's co-founder Alex Evans did respond to Joystiq on the matter: "Well spotted! However, at the moment I'm afraid we've got nothing to announce regarding any projects... sorry. We'll have to leave the world speculating a little longer..."

Of course, it'd be cool if Media Molecule decided to actually handle the port of LittleBigPlanet 2 to the NGP, but I'm kind of hoping that the developer has a completely original title in the works. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's actually being planned ...

Source: Joystiq

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
vansau said:
The first LittleBigPlanet was ported to the PSP by SCE Cambridge Studio
Actually, the LittleBigPlanet game for PSP was all brand new content, not a port. All the story levels were brand new, and all the user created levels had to be brand new and made in LBP PSP. There is also a big difference between the PS3 and PSP versions of LittleBigPlanet in that on PSP, you only have two layers for Sackboy to move though, not 3 like the PS3 games have.

So yeah. LittleBigPlanet PSP is absolutely not a port of LittleBigPlanet.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I seem to remember it being somewhat official that /some/ LBP game was going to be a launch title for the NGP. Not sure, though. I really doubt it'll be a direct port of LBP2 and, indeed, hope it isn't, and doubt it will be.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
If they decide to make a littlebigplanet two for the psp they better learn from there mistakes. So many glitches. So many file corruptions. And the only salve was DLC and that was the source of the problem.