BurgerTime Seasoning Modern Platforms With HD Remake

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
BurgerTime Seasoning Modern Platforms With HD Remake

BurgerTime, the greatest game about building burgers known to man, is coming back on modern consoles in HD.

Have you ever wanted to build a burger while being chased by sentient eggs? If so, and you never got to play Data East's 1982 classic BurgerTime, MonkeyPaw Games will give you another chance with the upcoming release of BurgerTime HD.

Siliconera discovered an ESRB rating for the MonkeyPaw update, revealing that the studio will be bringing BurgerTime HD to the PC, Wii, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. MonkeyPaw has primarily been known for bringing Japanese PS1 games to the North American PlayStation Network, but also has a stated focus on licensing "known brands that have sat unnecessarily long without proper revival," and expanding on them for the modern age. BurgerTime is apparently one of those brands.

In BurgerTime, players take on the role of chef Peter Pepper as he climbs up and down ladders and walks across the various elements of burgers, like the lettuce, meat patty, and bun, to assemble a completed product. Anthropomorphic eggs, hot dogs, and pickles attempt to keep Pepper from his goal, with a limited quantity of salt and pepper the chef's only defense.

The ESRB description of BurgerTime HD reveals new elements, such as grill flames and spike traps Pepper must avoid, along with new enemies like carrots and apple cores. There is currently no indication whether Burgertime HD will use the same static screens or take a new approach to gameplay. MonkeyPaw will likely make an official announcement soon.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/28/monkeypaws-first-multiplatform-title-is-burger-time-hd/]

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I wonder how much it will be, I think it should be free just cause it's not a very good game and there were so many better choices of games to remake

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I only vaguely remember that game. I remember thinking it was damn near impossible. Either way, HIGH DEF BURGERS! It'll be visually delicious!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
I wonder how much it will be, I think it should be free just cause it's not a very good game and there were so many better choices of games to remake
I'm betting 5 bucks. Which is really too much for the property. But it seems to be pretty "standard."

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
OH MY GOD! That's a huge nostalgia trip, I remember playing that game back in the day.
Gotta be honest, never expected it to resurface after the NES days.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Oh, no! What have you done!??
N-n-Nostalgia....overload...krrzzzztt tsshhhhhhh (smoke rises out of ears)

Feb 13, 2008
Translation: We've not finished milking this cow yet.

If you really want to play it; http://www.addictinggames.com/burgertime.html

standokan

May 28, 2009
I loooved that game as a child, I used to play it on MAME or MEME(don't know what it's called precisely) together with my brother, those were the golden days, we played bubble bobble, tmnt, the x-men, I guess that's why I love all those old arcade games so much.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
OH MY GOD.
This day just keeps getting better first Catherine and now this HOLY SHIT today rocks.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Translation: We've not finished milking this cow yet.
My words exactly. :p

OT: We've not fi- oh, um... BUYING!

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Hey, this could be fun if done well. Man that game was hard. I think I got to level 3 once.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I have only one thing to say to this. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Tie down another icon of my childhood and rape it in the ass. Not everything NEEDS a HD remake, bloody gits!