Xena Warrior Princess Appears in Hunted: Demon's Forge

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Xena Warrior Princess Appears in Hunted: Demon's Forge

Bethesda announced that Lucy Lawless will lend her vocal talents to the fantasy coop adventure game.

Millions of nerds remember Lawless for her portrayal of the eponymous character in the syndicated cable show Xena: Warrior Princess which aired in the late 1990s. The show was spinoff of another popular show Hercules and occupied the same universe, with frequent character crossovers between the two. Lawless also appeared in the new Battlestar Galactica on SyFy as the reporter D'Anna Biers, with a mysterious and plot-important background (not to spoil it for any BSG virgins out there.) Now, Bethesda appears to be cashing in on her appeal amongst male and female gamers, as well as her distinguished vocal talents, by casting her as Seraphine, the erstwhile guide to the player characters in Hunted. The fantasy action game with strong RPG and co-op elements is set to release on June 1st on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

"Hunted is an incredibly dark, intense game and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to work on such a thrilling project," Lawless said in a statement. "After playing the heroine for so long it's refreshing to portray such a villainous, seductive temptress!"

[gallery=151]

I've always enjoyed Lawless's work, and she certainly doesn't shy from genre material that other actors might disregard. Her New Zealand background contributes to her mystique, as her accent lends a certain air to her performances. While Hunted is very action-oriented in its gameplay, when I played it at E3 last year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101425-E3-2010-Hunted-The-Demons-Forge-Hands-on] I was most impressed with how it portrayed its characters. Lawless will hopefully bring further depth to the relationships in the game to elevate Hunted to be more than just a meaningless dungeon crawl.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Oh dear. Severe dosage of nostalgia. Lawless was what Wonder Woman dreams to be...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Who is the developer of this again, Bethesda themselves?

Raiyan 1.0 said:
Oh dear. Severe dosage of nostalgia. Lawless was what Wonder Woman dreams to be...
Speaking of Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter is married to the CEO of Bethesda...And she was Wonder Woman on TV. And she's done voicework in Morrowind and Oblivion!

So, Bethesda has both of these ladies at their disposal now.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Onyx Oblivion said:

Raiyan 1.0 said:
Speaking of Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter is married to the CEO of Bethesda...And she was Wonder Woman on TV. And she's done voicework in Morrowind and Oblivion!

It's official. Bethesda has the most awesome parties ever!

Maybe they could do a Linda vs Lucy showdown for their Christmas party? Complete with costumes? Mmmmm.... &nbsp :)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Raiyan 1.0 said:

Maybe they could do a Linda vs Lucy showdown for their Christmas party? Complete with costumes? Mmmmm.... &nbsp :)
Why a showdown?

They don't need to fight, or that could ruin ESV!

I'm assuming Lynda Carter will do some work in that.

StoryMode

Mar 18, 2010
That's awesome news. I just got done watching every season of Xena: Warrior Princess on Netflix <3

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Sounds like you've been missing out on Spartacus, if you like Lawless, particularly with nudity, you should correct that.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Jadak said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Sounds like you've been missing out on Spartacus, if you like Lawless, particularly with nudity, you should correct that.
You, Sir, are depraved! Asking me to deface my childhood memories by indulging into debauched nudity? Scandalized, I tell you!

*Off to get Spartacus season one*

Iridul

Feb 14, 2010
I'm hoping this is going to be one of those "surprise hits" of 2011, this news certainly does it no harm at all.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Right on, but a question.

Will she get to do her Xena yell in this?

I don't care if it's stupid, I think it would be awesome and hilarious if she did.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Odd I thought this was announced ages ago . . . . ah, apparently Lucy Lawless tweeted about this in December but it wasn't officially announced at that point.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Raiyan 1.0 said:

Why a showdown?

They don't need to fight, or that could ruin ESV!

I'm assuming Lynda Carter will do some work in that.
Likely so.

She did the Orc and Nord females in the prior games, so I wouldn't mind her being a major NPC in Skyrim.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

Raiyan 1.0 said:

It's being developed by a studio called inXile.

All I can say is they better not do something stupid like not include split screen co op.

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Each bit of news of Hunted makes me want it even more... now if I could only get to play the buff warrior instead of that skinny archer........

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Lucy Lawless, a great actor and a class act. I mean it. I might not pick up this game but I am happy to hear she's on board for it.