Fireburst Teaser Really Lives Up to its Name

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Fireburst Teaser Really Lives Up to its Name

[video=2829]
Upcoming racer Fireburst's first trailer features big levels, cool cars, and well... bursts of fire.

Coming this summer, Fireburst promises to bring its "unique concept, intense gameplay and stunning graphics" to the PC, XBLA, and PSN for about $10. The game will feature wild, destructive races through 15 varied maps, some of which are shown in the trailer above, on both paved and unpaved tracks.

One of the unique features of the game will be the Fireboost system, which, when activated, apparently wreathes your vehicle in flame while providing different bonuses depending on what car you are driving. The 16 vehicles available in the game are grouped into 4 types: Buggys, Muscle Cars, Trucks, and Offroaders, with each type receiving the Fireball, Firewheels, Firewall, or Fireblast Fireboosts.

The game will focus heavily on upgrading your cars with money earned by completing races, unlocking new body art and character throughout the game, with over 250 skins available in the game.

Fireburst will have both single player and multiplayer modes with up to four-player split-screen possible, enabling players to burn each other with insults from the comfort of their couch, or to engage in internet flame wars with the online multiplayer.

"Fireburst is a game unlike anything we've delivered before. We hope to challenge the most avid racing gamers by offering enhanced customizations, multiplayer functionality and a dynamic array of cars and characters," said Mark Seremet, CEO of Zoo Games, who believes the game is "sure to excite even the most veteran gamers."

While the Fireboost system looks sort of interesting and the levels look pretty, I'm not really sure how "unique" the game really will be. I'll wait on any judgement for now, but the customizations also worry me, as I saw no mention of performance-boosting or mechanics-changing upgrades, only cosmetic ones. But it's early yet, and further press releases and trailers may do much do burn away my fears.

Source: Zoo Games [http://www.zoogamesinc.com/press/zoo-entertainment-announces-plans-to-launch-fireburst-on-pc-psn-and-xbla-summer-2011/]

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
I watched the trailer, and got bored.

Really, I don't know why, it just looks so boring. The game may be great, but the trailer isn't.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Wow the new Motorstorm game looks good.

Oh this is for all platforms ? Myehh that alright then, people on PC and XB can now play Motorfirestormburst then.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I swear I've seen some of those levels before, almost exactly. My friend had Full Auto, and the docks levels looked identical. :/
Probably just similarities though.
OT: The game looks pretty good. :D

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
FlashHero said:
A-Team Van lawls
Frankly I don't see the point in having any other vehicles in the game, that van is totally overpowered. Getting hassled by another playing? Pull over climb out of the van and beat your opponent senseless as Mr.T. Need a power-up? Have no fear, the team will improvise a bazooka out of PVC pipe and a potato. Plus, this will be the only vehicle that comes with a cigar chomping, wisecracking, lady killing entourage.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I continue to await a true HD successor to the almighty Mashed (aka the greatest party game you've never played). This has the look but there's no mention of weapons or powerups as yet.

Oh, the ninja-ing

marcogodinho said:
Either this is a disguised HD remake of Mashed:Fully Loaded or i´m not buying it!
When a level looked like Polar Wharf there, I nearly freaked.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
What`s freaking unique about it ?! The game-play sure isn`t, the cars aren`t and the level design shown in the trailer is a mash up between the levels of Split second and Rollcage.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
So:
1) It's called "Fireburst"
2) You can race through a graveyard of aeroplanes in a desert canyon
and 3) it's only £10.

I expect that it will be rather mediocre, but for the price it should be excellent for a weekend or so.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
ENKC said:
I continue to await a true HD successor to the almighty Mashed (aka the greatest party game you've never played). This has the look but there's no mention of weapons or powerups as yet.

Oh, the ninja-ing

marcogodinho said:
Either this is a disguised HD remake of Mashed:Fully Loaded or i´m not buying it!
When a level looked like Polar Wharf there, I nearly freaked.
Heh. Good to know that there are more fans of that awesome game. Party/racing games dont get any better than Mashed...an improved version of the Micro Machines formula i enjoyed when i used to play on then Sega Mega Drive /Genesis. Too bad that (as you said) nobody played it...