Escapist Anniversary

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
The Escapist turns One Year old this July, and to celebrate, we'll be doing a lot of drinking.

Duh.

We will also be launching a couple of new Escapist-Brand web thingies which will surely knock your freaking socks off. Surely. And yes, I can call you that if I want. Why? Because I had the audacity to march right into the bosslady's office and DEMAND that she allow me to give you guys a preview of the changes in store for July 11th. And you know what she said?

"Sure. I was going to ask you to do that anyway."

Booyah, baby! That's called clout. Don't you forget it.

The first exciting new thing coming down the pike will be a brand new front page for The Escapist. We've harnessed the awesome power of Web Magic so that in the future, when you type "www.escapistmagazine.com" into your web-browsing device, instead of flying directly to the cover of the current magazine, your browser will fly to a whole new page full of fun, new stuff. How does it work? I don't know. It's magic!

The magazine will still be there every Tuesday, though, just like it was before, with all the high-quality artwork and hard-hitting game journalism. We're not taking anything away - not changing anything - just making more of what you've already come to expect from The Escapist.

That's all I can really talk about right now (crazy, secretive office people simply refuse to allow me to say more), but we've got a whole lot of good, new ? goodness ? in store. Trust me. I'll give you more details when I can.

July 11th. Mark your calendars.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Original Comment by: Benoit Casey

Great news! I've been reading the magazine since issue #1 and I haven't missed one yet. The quality and integrity of the publication haven't wavered since that first issue many moons ago, and I look forward to those new goodies you've mentioned.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I thought they kept it all in your office, in a locked box marked "[HEADING=2]Web Magik[/HEADING] - [bold]No TOUCH[/bold]!"