Fable 3 & Live Subscriptions On Sale At Amazon

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Fable 3 & Live Subscriptions On Sale At Amazon

Get ready to break out your wallets, because Amazon's got a couple of great deals for you.

Just because it's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102959-Amazon-Drops-XBLA-Sales>no longer selling codes for XBLA games doesn't mean that Amazon isn't selling Live subscriptions. It turns out that today is a good day for some online shopping, since Amazon's doing another one of its awesome sales for gamers, this time with an Xbox theme. The site currently has Fable 3 and Xbox Live subscriptions on sale for a serious discount.

Today, 12-month Live subscriptions are selling for $40 (a $20 discount), while Fable 3 is going for $28 (as opposed to $59.99 like it normally is). If you're an RPG fan and still haven't picked up Fable 3, this is a great opportunity to see what all the hype was about. Supplies are undoubtedly limited, so you should probably act sooner rather than later if either of these sound like good purchases.

Amazon links:
<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JGDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299263370&sr=8-1>Fable 3
<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Month-Live-Gold-Card/dp/B0029LJIFG/ref=lh_ni_t_>Xbox Live 12-Month Subscription Card

Source: Joystiq

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Get it on PC, since it will come out soon, so you don't pay that stupid "online subscription" thinked by one of microsoft economist advisor.

PC RULEZ !

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Why doesn't this site ever cover other sales?

This is a rather minor one compared to the Amazon Gold Box video game deals.

START COVERING MORE SALES, like Dtoid does.

oneplus999

Oct 4, 2007
Buy.com has been doing $40 for 12 months on and off for a while now, got mine about a month ago. Didn't realize it was such a big deal?

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
I bought my XBL membership for £24 right off the dashboard which is about $38.

Although the continued XBL hate is starting to really fuck me off.
It isn't THAT bad, oddly enough i never run into squeeky voiced 12 year olds and i've been a member for 2 years and the price is more than reasonable.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
llamastorm.games said:
and the price is more than reasonable.
Not at all, they are the only online gaming community to charge for use, and there is nothing on XBL that PC gamer's can't do for free.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Would be a good deal, except...

Microsoft ran a deal a week ago that was 44.95USD for 12 Months Subscription + 1 Free Game (Halo Reach, Kinect Sports, Fable 3).

Not that this is a bad deal, but 45 is significantly lower than 68.

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
Goody said:
llamastorm.games said:
Not at all, they are the only online gaming community to charge for use, and there is nothing on XBL that PC gamer's can't do for free.
True. Very true. I could cite the party chat function but then you could counter with skype or teamspeak. However every comparative service available on PC is so much more of a ball-ache to use, much more unreliable, doesn't work on some PC's, most people aren't aware of such things, takes longer to find demos and trailers. On the xbox it is just there, ready to use, simplified. What i pay for is convenience, i don't play online all that much. Mostly i pay for party chats to talk to my friends whilst i play games, for me that £24 is more than worth it for that added social aspect which is harder to achieve on PC.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
llamastorm.games said:
Goody said:
llamastorm.games said:
True. Very true. I could cite the party chat function but then you could counter with skype or teamspeak. However every comparative service available on PC is so much more of a ball-ache to use, much more unreliable, doesn't work on some PC's, most people aren't aware of such things, takes longer to find demos and trailers. On the xbox it is just there, ready to use, simplified. What i pay for is convenience, i don't play online all that much. Mostly i pay for party chats to talk to my friends whilst i play games, for me that £24 is more than worth it for that added social aspect which is harder to achieve on PC.
Steam. Your arguement is invalid.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
vansau said:
If you're an RPG fan and still haven't picked up Fable 3, this is a great opportunity to see what all the hype was about.
Not sure if serious....

Wouldn't that be like telling FPS fans to download Paper Toss? :p

This sale spurred a concern for me: After how many installments of Fable (and boy will there be more!) will the series wind up in the future essentially being Halo with magic added on and the ability to fart on an Elite?

[sub]And for jobs, the player's Spartan could screw on bottle caps![/sub]

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
icame said:
Crap game, but I might jump on the live card...
Have you played it because it can be a lot of fun if you dont expect mass effect or what have you.

Thats a pretty good deal in fact actually I would say.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
icame said:
Crap game, but I might jump on the live card...
Have you played it because it can be a lot of fun if you dont expect mass effect or what have you.

Thats a pretty good deal in fact actually I would say.
I rented it a couple weeks ago.

That describes my thoughts perfectly...except for reason 32