BioWare Angry Over Delayed Mass Effect Action Figures

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Angry Over Delayed Mass Effect Action Figures

A planned series of Mass Effect 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299516259&sr=8-1] action figures has been delayed yet again and BioWare is hopping mad at the company responsible for making them.

BioWare [http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/] last year to produce Mass Effect 2 action figures that were originally scheduled to come out in August 2010. Delays of one sort or another pushed back the launch to February 2011, yet here we are in March and still there's no sign of them. It turns out that the first series of figures has been delayed again, now to the end of April, and BioWare is not happy.

"On the ME2 Action Figures it looks like the first series is again delayed. We are all, including Treehouse, BioWare, and yourselves extremely frustrated with DC Direct," Jed Seigle, CEO of BioWare Store operator Treehouse [http://treehousebrandstores.com/], wrote in a message posted on the BioWare forums. "Their handling of this issue has been extremely unprofessional and disrespectful to fans. Once we get the ME2 Action Figure shipped we will not be working with DC Direct again. I'll update again if we have more news, but it looks like April is correct."

The message has since been deleted (although not before it could be scooped up by Dragon Age 2 [http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:p9rLJjN2RRgJ:social.bioware.com/http:/forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board/message/forum/1/topic/130/index/4941295/4+On+the+ME2+Action+Figures+it+looks+like+the+first+series+is+again+delayed.+We+are+all,+including+Treehouse,+BioWare,+and+yourselves+extremely+frustrated+with+DC+Direct.+Their+handling+of+this+issue+has+been+extremely+unprofessional+and+disrespectful+to+fans.+Once+we+get+the+ME2+Action+Figure+shipped+we+will+not+be+working+with+DC+Direct+again.+I%E2%80%99ll+update+again+if+we+have+more+news,+but+it+looks+like+April+is+correct.&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com] action figures. Seigle said Treehouse would split the orders into separate shipments at no cost to customers in order to ensure that the Dragon Age 2 figures arrive as quickly as possible.

via: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/07/mass-effect-2-actions-figures-delayed-second-set-potentially-ca/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fjoystiq+(Joystiq)]

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
I remember looking forward to buying one of these at some point, now its taken so long that I don't really care lol.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
At least Bioware acknowledges when their business partners are fucking things up. We're still waiting on Capcom to make up for Digital River's super later MvC3 shipping. :/

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I don't get what is causing the release of these things to keep getting pushed back. DC Direct makes some good figures, but this is near inexcusable.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Does anyone else think that Shepard figure looks more like Michael Thorton, Alpha Protocol's player character?

Anyway, that sounds like one hell of a delay. I'm not into these kind of collectibles so maybe it's common and I just don't know. Being angry seems like a reasonable response, though.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Reading that headline I immediately thought of George Lucas :p

Focus on the game BioWare...it will be praised and cherished far more than the model.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Is there a Hanar model? DO WANT! Extra points if it comes with Blasto gun attachments and a button that quips all of Blastos awesome lines "This one does not have time for your solid waste excresions"

[sub]and a Tali one would would be nice too[/sub]

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Will there be a Tali with removable mask? 'Cause otherwise I'm not interested :p

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
I'm not really that big of a Tali fan, but as far as action figures go she would be my first choice.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I saw these on the site when I bought all my lithographs--Tali included, and I now own a piece of paper that's worth well over two hundred dollars--and to be honest, they didn't impress me much, especially for the price they were asking for. However, if I HAD ordered them, I would be asking for a refund now. This is insane, and I'm glad BioWare is calling DC Direct on the carpet for this.

Furism

Sep 10, 2009
The action figure looks nothing like cannon Shepard, so meh.

Now I want a nice high detail Normandy SR1 and SR2.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Furism said:

Well it probably doesn't look like most "Cannon Shepards" especially seeing how mine is female. X-P

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
felixader said:
Furism said:

Well it probably doesn't look like most "Cannon Shepards" especially seeing how mine is female. X-P
Join the petition! FemShepard for ME3 trailer!

jjboat

Nov 8, 2010
hansari said:
Reading that headline I immediately thought of George Lucas :p

Focus on the game BioWare...it will be praised and cherished far more than the model.
How is this the same thing? I'm sure those who are supposed to focus on the game are working hard to get it out, but fans have had these ordered for while and it is bioware's responsibility to make sure they're fans get them, so what are you trying to say exactly?

Mar 26, 2008
I've still got to get around to ordering that N7 hoody. Mind you with the rate the Aussie dollar is climbing I might wait a bit longer.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
I never ordered one, but I'd definitely be a little angry if I'd been waiting for half a year on a product.