Dragon Age II Review

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Dragon Age II Review

Kirkwall, where everybody knows your name.

Read Full Article

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Ah, well, not sure if this is just me but... all I can get is a trailer prompting me to sign up for the Publisher's Club. If reviews are PC exclusive now, Maker help me...

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I hate you DA2 playing guy... three more fucking days.

Did you have the High-res texture packs or just the regular copy?

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
Great review, sounds like any concerns I had about the game were unfounded after all. Can't wait to play it!

(Video's not working for me either)

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I am pub enabled and I cannot get the video either. When I click it, it just reappears "Click to play"

Forktongue

May 19, 2009
Video is broken for me as well. :(
Written review sounds good though. Cannot wait for this game to come out, although most of my concerns were dispelled in the demo.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
viranimus said:
I am pub enabled and I cannot get the video either. When I click it, it just reappears "Click to play"
Actually, click to play AGAIN. It's a very fast review!

Madkipz

Apr 25, 2009
You are calling it: A pinnacle of role-playing games with well-designed mechanics and excellent story-telling, Dragon Age II is what videogames are meant to be.

So it falls flat on its face on actual gameplay? that bad huh?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
How heavy is the "future" narration, judging by the demo it seems like the story is told partially through cut scenes from the future just narrating your actions, for me that is probably the worst story telling method in games, and in a rpg thats a make or break for me, i was already bothered by the mass effect dialogue options, it seems like the only thing they didn't take from mass effect was the inventory system or lack thereof, which was the only thing i hoped they would use.

If they go easy on the future narration (there must be a better term for it) its still a must buy for me, otherwise i might get it once it goes on sale.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
viranimus said:
Actually, click to play AGAIN. It's a very fast review!
Yes I have clicked play again. And if its a fast review and I am doing it right, then that means the review would have to last a fraction of a second.

Not saying its everyones issue, but its what im getting out of it.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Yeah, the video doesn't work for me either, I press play and it pops up the play symbol again.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
I can't wait for this game. I'm getting it tomorrow bitches! I played the console version of Origins and while I loved it the downfalls of the console version tended to get me down it also made me sad that I had to play on Casual that's just insulting. When I get Dragon Age 2 Imma gonna be a mage! I cast flare bitches!

Madkipz said:
You are calling it: A pinnacle of role-playing games with well-designed mechanics and excellent story-telling, Dragon Age II is what videogames are meant to be.

So it falls flat on its face on actual gameplay? that bad huh?
I feel like you were trying to make a joke but either I didn't get it or it wasn't funny.

Nicos Amblecrown

Feb 23, 2010
Swaki said:
If they go easy on the future narration (there must be a better term for it) its still a must buy for me, otherwise i might get it once it goes on sale.
Framing Device. Obviously I haven't played it either, but the impression I got is that Dwarfy Pants basically introduces the highpoints on your storyline to becoming The Champion, and then you actually play through those stories as if he were narrating them to the Inquisitor Lady.

Makes sense to me, since in the timeline, those things (your story) already happened. No different than "A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away..."

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Well, looks like a fantastic game. I especially love how you said the inventory was cleaned up. In the first game I hated carrying around fifty pounds of useless crafting crap that I never used. I for one welcome these changes, while I still recognize the first as a good game I really didn't enjoy many parts of it, I think I'll be satisfied with this one.