"The Fantastic Mr. Star Fox" Lives Up to Its Name

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
"The Fantastic Mr. Star Fox" Lives Up to Its Name

Doing a barrel roll just doesn't cut it for Fox McCloud anymore.

If you never caught Wes Anderson's superb 2009 adaptation [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2igjYFojUo] of Roald Dahl's The Fantastic Mr. Fox, you missed out. It was certainly an oddball of a film, but it was an extremely entertaining one, too.

[collegehumor=1948884]

The folks at College Humor decided to give everybody's favorite vulpine starfighter pilot a similar treatment. What you see here is a (fake) trailer for a (nonexistent) upcoming film, The Fantastic Mr. Star Fox - a story of the trials faced by Fox McCloud after he realizes that you just can't use the boost to get through life.

It's shot in the same stop-motion style as Fantastic Mr. Fox, though the characters are just as expressive as you could imagine - and it has a quirky charm about it that's impossible to ignore.

Plus, it repurposes classic Star Fox 64 lines in a whole new context. Really, the entire video probably won't make you laugh, but it'll definitely make you smile.

(MTV Multiplayer [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/03/10/fantastic-mr-star-fox-is-fantastic/])

Dec 14, 2009
I can't let you make that movie, Hollywood.

(Yes, I'm aware it's a joke).

It would still be better than if this was turned into a movie though...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
FANTASTIC! I watched the Fantastic Mr. Fox on whim one night, when I couldn't sleep. It's a great film, and this trailer picked up the feeling perfectly, haha. Good job College Humore, I knew there was a reason I like you.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
I laughed at the "I can't let you do that, Star Fox".

CollegeHumor makes some pretty funny parodies.

TheHaunted

Nov 25, 2009
Its a nice trailer, college humor always does good work.
Daystar Clarion said:
Ugh, its like a poster for Brokeback Great Fox packed in with a sequel of itself. I really wish they'd invent brain bleach already.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
That was awesome, and I laughed at all the lines. Falco's "Hey Einstein, I'm on your side." made me laugh. Good parody.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Timbydude said:
I laughed at the "I can't let you do that, Star Fox".

CollegeHumor makes some pretty funny parodies.
The Dora the Explorer one is the best.
Agreed; that's by far my favorite thing they've ever made.

For those who haven't seen it:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1941782

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Oh College Humour, why did I stop watching you? Oh, right... because I spend several hours on you. I miss yuo though, grat parody of Starfox.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
That was amazing, I'd actually love to see a more fleshed out version of that beyond just a trailer.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
College Humor has a few hits and misses with their videos, but their fake movie trailers tend to be pretty entertaining. This wasn't the best, but hey. Better than the prank movie where someone crushes a rabbit.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I can't let you make that movie, Hollywood.

(Yes, I'm aware it's a joke).

That was terrifying.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Maybe it's not the movie that needs to be made. Maybe it's me that needs to make myself...

Hilarious. Though, I've always wondered, how do you do a barrel roll in space?

Oct 14, 2010
I loved Anderson's movie and I love this parody. And do the lines of any other game get used in so many different contexts?