Zynga Launching FarmVille Expansion

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Zynga Launching FarmVille Expansion

If you're looking for a change of scenery in FarmVille, good news: Zynga's got an expansion with a different theme in the works.

It's no secret that a huge source of Zynga's billions has been the runaway hit that is FarmVille. As a result, it shouldn't surprise anyone that the developer is launching an expansion to the game, though the new setting is a bit different from what players are used to.

The expansion, FarmVille English Countryside, is set to launch sometime in the next few weeks. Players will still be able to use the current FarmVille application on Facebook, but they'll be able to create a parallel farm to the one they have in the main game. The new farm will be set in the titular English countryside with corresponding themes for landscapes, animals, buildings, etc. Oh, and there will also be a mini-game that allows players to breed sheep.

According to VentureBeat, the expansion is part of Zynga's plans to boost its player population: "FarmVille has been in a steady decline as Zynga focused on launching other games such as FrontierVille and CityVille. The game now has 44 million monthly active users and 14 million daily active users."

Source: Industry Gamers

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Hmm, english eh?

So it's going to be farmville where you get to adjust the weather settings yourself? To either rain or heavy rain to slight drizzle or possibly downpoar. SOunds fun.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Oh boy, more Farmville. Mind I've been hearing less and less of it, I hope this doesn't change that.
I have the strangest desire for some English Breakfast tea now, huh...

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
STOP RAPING MY HOMELAND ZYNGA!

God damn. This is a truly miserable turn of events.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Man, there's a bit of a dip between their monthly users and daily users.

I'm actually astonished they didn't give people the option to juggle multiple farms/cities/frontiers/aquariams/etc. before now.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yay, they're spreading the love.

Though I have ask, what really does this bring to farmville? I've never played, but I've seen people who have, and the only thing i can think of it you're going to get poor soil and tons of rain.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Best of the 3 said:
Hmm, english eh?

So it's going to be farmville where you get to adjust the weather settings yourself? To either rain or heavy rain to slight drizzle or possibly downpoar. SOunds fun.
Lol. Funny, because it's true. Bloody English weather...

Also, is it a coincidence that the March Mayhem (in which Zynga is participating) will be on "in the next few weeks"? Maybe one of their more minor objectives with this is to pull in support and win the MM.

Eh, probably not. I doubt Zynga really care all that much, it doesn't affect their popularity.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
gibboss28 said:
WrongSprite said:
God damn. This is a truly miserable turn of events.
...how?
Yeah, cause I was clearly being dead serious.

Might want to flesh out your post a little before you get probation for content.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
Yay, they're spreading the love.

Though I have ask, what really does this bring to farmville? I've never played, but I've seen people who have, and the only thing i can think of it you're going to get poor soil and tons of rain.
A change of scenery. The sheep breeding minigame and new items. I mean the hardcore players are prolly a bit bored of the same old same old. And this will give them the option of trying some new set up since moving a bunch of stuff around is not user friendly.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
i dislike zyanga but it a fact off life they have fools trapped in there skinner box handing them money
i think it's best to treat them there trolls; pretend don't exist and it will hopefully go away