Susan's Five Favorites from E3

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Susan's Five Favorites from E3

What games from E3 made Susan say "oooh" and clap her hands with glee? Read on to find out.

Read Full Article

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Being the Ubisoft dog I am, I was hoping that AC 2 would be in here, but I've pretty much got to agree with everything else.

So much infact, I may actually buy Alan Wake.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
Yay Susan! xD

I was never the fan of AvP series, but other than that I quite like your list. Just one thing bothers me: how did I miss Afrika? :/

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I have to tell you Susan, Heavy Rain looks as interesting as ever. If I could actually justify it this will end up being the game that could finally make me buy a PS3.

Puppeteer Putin

Jan 3, 2009
Nice stuff Susan.

I'm seriously looking forward to The Sabetuer. I love the film noir aesthetic AND you play as an Chain-smoking Irish Race car driver that blows the German's up JUST to be annoying... How is that NOT cool?

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
Heavy Rain is a really interesting one. Afrika however, doesn't seem to be that interesting, even though it changed the pace from gunplay to point-and-shoot. I tell you, it's harder to photograph people going on about their daily lives (and make it an interesting photograph) than wild animals :). Saboteur looks really interesting and fun on the other hand.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Can't wait for Alan Wake. Looks like everything I'd hoped for from Alone in the Dark.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
I have to tell you Susan, Heavy Rain looks as interesting as ever. If I could actually justify it this will end up being the game that could finally make me buy a PS3.
You said it.

Alan Wake, I've been tracking that one for awhile, looking really good.

I'm gonna have to do more research on it, but Sabotuer sounds Epic as well.

2009-10 looks like a really good year for gaming!

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Favourites:

Last Guardian (by far)
God of War III
Uncharted 2
Mario Galaxy 2
Heavy Rain

Haven't heard much about Afrika but it could be a nice and especially unprecedented experience, something the PS3 developers have really started pushing for.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
My list is exactly the same as yours. Chances are, only one or two of these will actually meet my expectations, but that's alright. I'm satisfied with the hype now.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Didn't expect to see Afrika in there, probably because I didn't hear anything about it from E3 or maybe because I'm not sure exactly how it will translate into fun gameplay.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
I'm really looking forward to trying Alan Wake. Of course, I was looking forward to it last year too.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I keep saying the industry needs more photography games ever since playing Pokemon Snap and then Beyond Good and Evil. Glad to see one is in the works.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
I keep seeing a copy of Afrika for fairly cheap at the game shop near me, and have been sitting the fence about whether to get it or not. It does sound kind of interesting, so maybe I'll pick it up next paycheck.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Susan's unconventional taste strikes again!

My personal "looking" forward too list from E3 is...

1) Dark Void
2) Uncharted 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Golden Sun 3 DS
5) White Knight Chronicles

I'm super excited about all of these titles... and I'm amused that two of them are PS3 exclusives...

jebbedo

Mar 5, 2009
Both Metal Gears look so nice... so does that new Castlevania... and Metal Gear Arcade... i wonder if any specific developer is my favorite.