Amazon Deal of the Day: Arena Gaming Headset

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Amazon Deal of the Day: Arena Gaming Headset

62% off a high-end gaming headset? Go on ...

Today, Amazon's got a pretty solid deal out there for PC gamers: The Creative Labs Sound Blaster Arena USB Gaming Headset is 62% off. The headset is normally priced at $129.99, but is going for $49.99 right now. Here's the official product description:

The Sound Blaster Arena USB Gaming Headset from Creative Labs brings a fully immersive gaming audio experience to any computer. Thanks to Sound Blaster X-Fi technology with EAX support integrated into the headset, you'll get 3D positional surround sound experience regardless of the computer you're using. And with a comfortable design and detachable noise-canceling microphone, you'll be ready to dominate all-night gaming sessions.

I've never used Creative's headphones, but I've actually owned a few sets of the company's speakers over the years and have yet to have any problems (my 5.1 surround system that I've owned since 2003 is still working perfectly with a TV at my parents' home). If you happen to need a new headset, this seems like a pretty solid deal.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

beema

Aug 19, 2009
I did a personal week-long test between these and the Logitech G35's. In the end, I went with Logitech. More comfort and better sound quality.
I will say, however, that the sound quality of the mic on these is far superior to Logitechs, so if that is important to you it might be a deciding factor.
Still a good deal.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
*makes purchase* I need a new headset, something that will replace my ancient Turtle Beach X1.

And now I wait.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Ha, did a quick search and here in the Netherlands it costs about 45 euros (about 60 dollars) all year round.

dncarolyn

May 18, 2010
I hope it's better constructed than the Creative/Sound Blaster World of Warcraft headset with its two plastic extender tabs that snap if you look at them the wrong way -_-

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
Sigh.... not on .ca version, and they don't ship it to Canada on the .com one. Looks like im fucked eh?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
If there's one thing that Creative Labs does right, it's build products that will last forever. My sound card I bought in 1999 still works just fine.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Well, already had my $15 credit from a recent order, I suppose $16 because Amazon refunded me an extra dollar because they lowered the price after I'd preordered it (they're just awesome like that), so new headset!

pearlm

Mar 24, 2011
If you are looking for the best gaming headsets, check this out
http://gamingheadsetreport.com