LittleBigPlanet Gets Team ICO Pack

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
LittleBigPlanet Gets Team ICO Pack

DLC featuring costumes, stickers and more made "in homage to" ICO and Shadow of the Colossus will be available on Thursday for LittleBigPlanet.

Media Molecule is feeling the love for Fumito Ueda's Team ICO and its two games, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. As the LittleBigPlanet studio teased [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92053-ICO-Invading-LittleBigPlanet] the other week with LBP-esque art of ICO protagonists Ico and Yorda, Team ICO-themed DLC is coming to Sony's DIY platformer in the form of a pack that will include costumes, stickers and sound effects made "in homage to Team ICO's classic and widely loved Playstation games Ico, and Shadow of the Colossus."

The studio revealed [http://www.mediamolecule.com/2009/06/08/team-ico-costume-pack-ico-and-yorda/] the Ico and Yorda costumes that will be available in the pack, and both are awfully cute and should send ICO fanboys and fangirls into a tizzy. Nothing's been revealed on the SotC end, though I have to wonder, aside from a costume of Wander, the game's protagonist, what else could they release? A Colossus costume? An Agro the horse costume?

More interesting is the mention of sound effects - I'm sure that means clips of the sounds characters make when they jump, but maybe Media Molecule could stick in that depressing theme that plays whenever you kill a colossus in SotC. That could make for some awesome downer moments in some custom LBP levels.

Unfortunately, this news also comes as confirmation that Media Molecule isn't producing a pack with levels or any other form of gameplay content like they did with the Metal Gear Solid pack. Oh well.

azadiscool

Dec 10, 2008
Wow, now I regret not buying LBP. I thought that official content would be few and far between, but the support is extraordinary for a console game.

Shadow of the Colossus is a win. Therefore, anything affiliated with it is a win.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
If they had released SotC's protaganist's costume along with a SotC level pack I'd be happy, but I suppose it's their loss in the end.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I will love Team ICO forever if they have a sort of easter egg in the pack for their next game.

This is a must buy pack for me!

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Well there is an awesome user made leve based on ICO. The level designer basically made the whole game into a game.