Banned WoW Gamer Offers $1,000 To Get Account Back

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Banned WoW Gamer Offers $1,000 To Get Account Back

If you get banned from playing WoW, you probably shouldn't offer a cash bribe via Craigslist to get the account reactivated. We'll only just make fun of you for it.

Getting hit by the banhammer is never easy to endure, especially if the blow results in a permanent suspension from one's favorite MMO. While trying to appeal the ban might get the decision reversed, it usually won't, and there's really only one way to deal with this sort of scenario: Accept it and move on. Trying to hire an account admin on the sly in order to reactivate the account, on the other hand, probably isn't the best move.

A World of Warcraft gamer out in Irvine, California, recently got (in his or her opinion) unjustly banned. According to the story posted online: "I got my WoW account banned yesterday during the archaeology bot ban wave. I wasn't a gold farmer or seller, never bought gold. I just botted archaeology because it's a boring profession."

As a result, the player is now trying to blatantly bribe an account admin to reactivate the account via an ad on Craigslist:

I'm looking for a WoW Account Admin ([email protected]) to unban my account for $1000 USD. No questions asked - your anonymity will be preserved.

This is a serious offer. I live locally and can meet you in person wherever you like with cash, PayPal you money as a gift (non-refundable and non-disputable by me), leave an envelope under a tree, or pay you in any other manner you prefer. You will definitely get your money if I get my account back. You will have my full information - name, address, everything. Email me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that nobody at Blizzard would risk their job for a thousand bucks, especially to help someone out who was openly breaking the rules. Also, if your WoW account means that much to you, then maybe you shouldn't do something to put said account at risk. You know, like cheating.

Source: Massively

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
He's right. Archaeology is boring as hell. Take it from someone who has the recipe, the bug mount, Dumb *****'s Bestest Doll, the Clockwork Gnome, Ammunae's Life Staff, and the Claw pet. Also, 3 capped Archaeologists.

That said, I'll pain my way through it. There's plenty of money to be made, and botting is just dumb.

Edit: Complaining here seems to be good luck. The Dwarven staff proc'd for me not too long after. Go RNGesus! >.<

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
And yet I imagine that theres going to be pages of posts siding and agreeing with her while calling Blizzard out on something or other.

Though yeah, not the best of ideas...

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
HAHAAA That's funny.....
"envelope under a tree"

If you're going to have a shady exchange than you have to go all out, and get trench coasts and disguises and whatnot.
The more conspicuous the better.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
If it was unjust, appeal it, they have very easy ways of double checking.

Frankly he wouldn't jump to this so soon if it wasn't a legitimate ban, so...sucks.

And yes Archeology is the dead sea of boring.
The pinnacle of " THERE IS NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO "

It's astounding really, I thought fishing achievements would be the ultimate of how deep that could go. I was wrong.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, I'm sure their anonymity would be preserved all right, bceause Blizzard wouldn't have records of what admins are doing. Person is a dumbass.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
"I got my WoW account banned yesterday during the archaeology bot ban wave. I wasn't a gold farmer or seller, never bought gold. I just botted archaeology because it's a boring profession."
To damn bad if you think its boring, thats not an excuse to cheat. People who rationalize like that are just trying to blame their cheating habits on other people. Drives me nuts.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Charli said:
If it was unjust, appeal it, they have very easy ways of double checking.

Frankly he wouldn't jump to this so soon if it wasn't a legitimate ban, so...sucks.

And yes Archeology is the dead sea of boring.
The pinnacle of " THERE IS NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO "

It's astounding really, I thought fishing achievements would be the ultimate of how deep that could go. I was wrong.
I've been leveling my Archaeology today, I could honestly say I longed to drop everything and learn fishing.

w@rew0lf

Banned User
Jan 11, 2009
Newbie mistake. It isn't good business to make shady deals on public sites. Everyone knows it's best to scout a good target, have a plan of action before you make your move, and make your offer, placing an emphasis or the seriousness of the offer, while retaining as much anonymity as possible. Basics, basics, basics. They'll get you every time if you don't respect them.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
Sounds like an easy 1000 dollars to me, just email him, leave the envelope under a tree at so and so, You have to trust me because you proved you can't be trusted by breaking a law binding agreement already, No questions asked about it, I'll unban your account surrrrrrrre...
No you can't know who I am blah blah blah... on an off note archeology IS boreing, just like grinding anything else in wow.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Boting is just stupid, if you don't want to play the game then just don't play it's simple as that. If you find archaeology to be a piss boring profession (which oh my freaking god it is) then just don't level it and wait for blizzard to fix it somewhere down the line so it doesn't suck so much.

He knew what he was doing was wrong yet has rationalized that he is immune to the rules. Enjoy your ban homie.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Hi there, I am an account admin at Blizzard. I hear you've been wrongfully banned, and that nobody will listen to your no doubt superb reasons for why you should be un-bnned. Well, I can help, and I certainly welcome the gift. Unfortunately, I won't be in town due to a business meeting in Hong Kong, but my associate, the Prince of Nigeria, will be happy to make some arrangement with you. Once we'll have the money, your account will be unbanned, and we'll even throw in some gold as a thank-you.
Best,
The Spanish National LotteryYour friendly Blizzard account admin

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I know how it feels to risk the b& hammer to automate a repetitive timesink, and my heart goes out to the guy.

Developers really need to stop rewarding players for easily automated tasks.

But hell, no guts no glory!