Spector Still Working On Mystery Disney Game

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Spector Still Working On Mystery Disney Game

Deus Ex creator and legendary designer Warren Spector has been working on a mysterious game for Disney Interactive for some time now, but will it ever see the light of day? Disney says it will, when it's ready.

Here's a game you probably should have been disappointed didn't show up at E3 but probably weren't because you forgot it existed or it just slipped your mind: legendary designer Warren Spector's current project at Junction Point Studios for Disney Interactive. The Deus Ex man became an official member of The House of Mouse in 2007 when Disney gobbled up Junction Point, but since then information about what exactly he's doing there has been scarce.

Disney, however, would allay your fears. Everything is going well with Warren, they say. "Warren's hard at work. He has a team working on a great project," said Disney Interactive general manager Graham Hopper. "We're going to show it when it's right and ready. We're very encouraged by what we're seeing. I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised."

The project, Hopper said, has been in the ideas stage for a long time, even before Spector started work on it, and Disney is giving him as much time as he needs to get the game right. "We're into a very, very extensive prototyping and technology phase on the game. Right now he's building levels," Hopper said. "To get to that point took a long time. That's why we've been quiet. But that's what the game needs to be successful."

You might remember that the last batch of rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/88328-Warren-Spector-Making-A-Steampunk-Mickey-Game] regarding the project suggested that it was some sort of Mickey Mouse game with a steampunk vibe.

[Via Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23916]]

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
INTRIGUING!
Mickey and the gang would work actually quite well in steampunk, considering how they have entire houses run with breakfast machine stuff.
I'm envisioning a better Dark Chronicles style game without the time travel.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Armored Prayer said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Coming Up! Mickey Mouse meets the Jonas Brothers in Rapture!
I play that.
BAD ARMORED PRAYER! Sit in the corner and think about what you just said!
Hey, I would too. As long as it didn't have Hannah Montana in. Emily Osment, yes, but that's it. And Mickey Mouse is cool, as is Rapture (as a setting) :D.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Armored Prayer said:
NoMoreSanity said:
I play that.
I mean it would be funny to see them confront a Big Daddy and then seconds latter, run for their lives.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Trivun said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Armored Prayer said:
NoMoreSanity said:
I play that.
Hey, I would too. As long as it didn't have Hannah Montana in. Emily Osment, yes, but that's it. And Mickey Mouse is cool, as is Rapture (as a setting) :D.
BAD TRIVUN! You and Armored Prayer go sit in the corner and think long and hard! It will undoubtably have Miley Cyrus and the whole cast of High School Musical as Splicers.
Okay, okay, but surely the presence of Emily Osment is redemption enough?

Plus, HSM Splicers would be awesome, just because killing HSM people is fun... ;)

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Everything is hardcore...in America! [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmericanKirbyIsHardcore]

Also, it's good to see that Disney understands what a good game needs. Now we only have to see how everything turns out.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Trivun said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Trivun said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Armored Prayer said:
NoMoreSanity said:
I play that.
BAD TRIVUN! You and Armored Prayer go sit in the corner and think long and hard! It will undoubtably have Miley Cyrus and the whole cast of High School Musical as Splicers.
Okay, okay, but surely the presence of Emily Osment is redemption enough?

Plus, HSM Splicers would be awesome, just because killing HSM people is fun... ;)
The fuck is Emily Osment?

But you cannot kill the HSM splicers, you can only watch as they dance in front of you spreading the Gay Virus.
Hmmm, never mind. And I'm sure there must be a way to kill of the HSM cast somehow...

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I'm fairly sure that picture of him has been flipped horizontally.

Also, looking forward to see how this turns out. Spector's pretty awesome, so it should be good.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Oh wow...another disney game absoluteley no one will buy >.>

UNLESS its anything like kingdom hearts. With guns.

That would be fucking AWESOME.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, the very first Mickey Mouse cartoon has STEAM right there in the title. I guess a steampunk take isn't too far off. >_> <_<

Also, I saw this on the 'latest posts' tab and thought, "Regina Spektor is working on a game?"

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
If this isn't a game based off the Scrooge McDuck comics, I will be very dissapointed
Dude...a Scrooge McDuck game...I'd actually have to play that!