Rebecca Black "Honored" With Sith-Tastic Parody Song

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Rebecca Black "Honored" With Sith-Tastic Parody Song

The world's semi-official back-up Darth Vader is trying his hand at a pop career.

Rebecca Black's song, "Friday" became incredibly popular - or least, very widely watched online - earlier this month, after the internet erupted in scorn over the song's less-than-amazing lyrics. The song even drew the attention of a Sith Lord - well, the brother of a Sith Lord - who felt that the lackluster song deserved a parody.

Chad Vader, who is the star of the parody web show, Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager, is supposedly the less capable and charismatic brother of Darth Vader. As the show's title implies, Chad works as the day shift manager at a local supermarket, where his efforts to emulate his older sibling are met with indifference from his staff. Chad is the creation of Aaron Yonda and Matt Sloan, who provide Chad's body and voice respectively. Sloan has also appeared in Soul Calibur 4 and the Force Unleashed games, providing the voice for the elder Vader brother in a slightly more official capacity.

The song not only parodies the Rebecca Black's original ditty, but also takes a pop at the numerous other parody songs that Black inspired. Chad rides his bike, goes to work, and runs through the various days of the week and the order that they come in. He then laments that singing the song will remove what little coolness he had, before abandoning it to go wait for the fourth season of his web show.

A parody from would-be Sith Lord probably wasn't the start that Rebecca Black really wanted for her music career, but the song seems more like good-natured ribbing rather than a cruel attack. One thing's for certain however, Chad definitely shouldn't quit his day job.

Source: Blastr [http://blastr.com/2011/03/chad-vader-goes-partyin-p.php]

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Much as I love everything star wars, I can't handle listening to that song yet again. I don't know where Black came from, but I wish she'd go back. That damn song is everywhere and it sucks, even the parody >.<

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Though I don't think it was the most well done thing ever, I really enjoyed his lyrics.

I think the Brock Dub [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfQwXEqYaI] is still my favorite.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Huh. Is it weird that I was completely unaware that this Rebecca Black person (and her song's apparently execrable lyrics) existed until just now, when I read about someone parodying it? I mean, the article says that "the internet erupted in scorn", and hey, I'm on the internet and also super scornful, but this is the first I'm hearing about this new thing we apparently all hate (and have unintentionally made popular by hating it).

Oh well, maybe the next new trendy item on the hate bandwagon won't completely slip my notice before parody videos start surfacing.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
My favourite is the Censored version.
It should all be bleeped out, but you can't have everything...

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
She's made how many millions from this song already? This only proves that eh more you hate her, the more powerful she becomes.