Kojima One Step Closer To Being Big Boss Of Konami

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Kojima One Step Closer To Being Big Boss Of Konami

First Konami, then the world!

It's well-known that Konami is shaking the corporate tree a little, especially after the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107639-Hudson-Entertainment-Closing-Down>purchase and layoffs at Hudson. While this sort of restructuring often results in job vacancies, sometimes people get promotions. Case in point: Hideo Kojima is one of the company's newest vice presidents.

Aside from Kojima, Konami also announced that Shinji Enomoto (who produces the Pro Evolution Soccer games) would take on a VP position, too. Some of Konami's other producers were given promotions, too: "Mineaki Yoshiba, Yasuyuki Yamaji and Kazuyuki Kisohara have become directors, while Kazuhiko Uehera will become CEO of new Konami acquisition Hudsonsoft."

Kojima will apparently still be just as involved with Kojima Productions as he has been in the past, but his new position "could afford him more clout and creative freedom at the publisher." It'll be interesting to see what Konami does as a publisher now that Kojima has his hands closer to the helm. A good first step would be to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.270887-Battle-Los-Angeles-Game-Can-Only-Kill-An-Hour-Or-So>publish titles that're better than Battle: L.A..

Oh, yeah, and get everyone at the company giant toy ducks to ride around on.

Source: <a href=http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-03-31-kojima-promoted-to-vice-president-at-konami-digital>GamesIndustry.biz

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Little does anyone realize that this is simply another step forward in Kojima's goal of ultimately conquering the world, then he actually will make his Metal Gear stories a reality.

In all seriousness, it's pretty cool that he's so high up in the company now.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I can't take this article seriously with that photo, though I do appreciate that the man can have his fun.

ffian1

Mar 10, 2010
Best pic ever! If I hadn't seen an awesome spoken word version of 'Friday' today with Wil Wheaton rapping in it, this would have made my day!

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
"Oh, yeah, and get everyone at the company giant toy ducks to ride around on."

Best employee benefit ever.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Its just begaining his goal of ultimate conquest will be closer soon Metal Gears will come out of no where as he takes over.

That picture is to much win real men ride park duckies

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Kudos to him, although it did make me a second or so to read the article because that photo is just silly, and cool.

Can I have a park duckie too?

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
Am I the only that gets freaked out that Kojima doesn't look stoned out of his mind in that photo?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This is definitely pretty awesome. Though, I couldn't imagine him having any limited creative freedom at this point, his games are pretty much all awesome, all the time. ZONE OF THE ENDERS 3 PLEASE!