Letters to the Editor: Abracadabra

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Abracadabra

Each week we publish letters sent to us regarding previous issues and highlight particularly interesting forum posts. If you'd like to comment on an article directly, send your letter to [email protected].

Read Full Article

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
my friend wants to get into the games industry, so far he has racked up 2 years worth of student loans, should i be worried for his future?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
my friend wants to get into the games industry, so far he has racked up 2 years worth of student loans, should i be worried for his future?
well at least hes trying for somthing he wants to do

Im not interested in the games industry but god its all so depressing hearing people telling you its all an uphill battle...in anythign really

Im uncertain about my future...on one hand people complain about how crappy and soul crushing their jobs are..on the other they tell you following your dreams is a dead end

uhhh Im giving myself a headache gonna go play some games I think

maantren

Jan 16, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
Really depends what he wants to do there. With focus and planning, he can very easily get into the games industry by starting up, say, a 1-3 person iPhone/iPad dev outfit. These guys:
http://launchingpadgames.com/
are a two person operation. Working for a big studio in a meaningful position? It's very similar to trying to break into Hollywood, ie you can do everything 'right' and still not make it. My suggestion would be that he focuses on working out why he wants to make games in the first place, and beyond that tries to put himself in positions where he has control over his destiny.

Cheers

Colin