In Defense of Booth Babes

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
In Defense of Booth Babes

All hail the booth babe! A venerable if barely clothed icon of videogame prosperity and advancement.

Read Full Article

MegMurph

Mar 4, 2008
As a female, game industry professional and previously a "brand ambassador" of many brands (a.k.a. Beer girl, booth babe)I completely agree with the value of ladies at these types of events. Sex sells! I've seen it work! And it makes for a fun time had by all!

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
Women are hot, Women should be proud of being hot. Feminists are stupid when they see a problem with a woman using her body to get money (this being said prostitution disgusts me) cause Women are using something men don't have to acquire cash, to me thats feminine power at work. Anyone who has a problem with Booth Babes are self conscious and sexually uptight.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
The Splage said:
Tenmar said:
Yeah for booth babes and maybe booth...what do you call a hot male anyway?
Booth bloke perhaps?
In my byline I defined them as booth Fabios because Fabio is similarly cheesy in sex appeal.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Splage said:
Tenmar said:
Yeah for booth babes and maybe booth...what do you call a hot male anyway?
Booth bloke perhaps?
There were some of those at this year's E3, all dressed up in uniforms to promote MAG. Yummy. With a spoon.

I love booth babes, personally. They add a bit of glamor and silliness to the show. And I somehow always find myself helping one get into her costume in the bathroom -- those catsuits are tricky. Also, wings are hard to get straight by yourself.

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
Endo's Game? That's a bit of an epic fail, if you ask me.

But I agree: sex sells.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I don't think Booth Babes need to be defended.

Also for the record I think they should be including more sex IN Video games to begin with (M rated titles should be M rated) instead of just going with implications. Booth Babes should remain, but I don't think we should be able to point and make a "missing link" referance and have it make sense.

But then again for true "mature" games to appear with proper levels of sex and violence to appeal to the most jaded adults, it would involve the industry rising up against censors and groups like the ESRB (which only exists as a compromise to avoid goverment regulation allegedly). I have yet to even remotely see anything like this on their part.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
Hmmm...how about "Booth Boy" for the guys?...now say it, like, really fast.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
This boils down to the critical juncture we have yet to reach with male empowerment and the ludological imperative of greater immersion. As gamers, nay as citizens of the world, we must find a way to make it so people can play video games and have sex at the same time.

The booth babe is our saint, our guiding force, to that all consuming goal.

Feb 13, 2008
Let's face it, all of us have an ideal mate in mind (Kylie) and game ARE fantasy. And not just for us, but for the Babes/Beefs themselves.

Let's face it - for those people - they get paid to strut about in uniforms, like most of us do, but they get - well, I won't call it respect, but you get the idea.

And for those Babes/Beefs that actually get into character... The only people who are suffering are those poor fools that get jealous.

In fact, I think I did a poll last year: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.74019

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Booth Babes are a very good marketing strategy i think, playing of the primitive human desire for sex, its sneaky, manipulative, and works wonders.

Now if only there were more Booth Boys for guys like me :p

DeathQuaker

Oct 29, 2008
I appreciate the place a booth babe has in advertising.

The article came off, overall, however, as a guy trying to spend two pages trying to explain why he likes to look at boobs and why he thinks it's okay. I realize "Bewbies R fun" wouldn't have probably made a minimum word requirement for an article, but still...

(I realize there was more to the article than that, but it still strikes me as an odd subject worthy of such a lengthy article. That was two pages I spent reading when I could have been looking at breasts! ;) )