Yahtzee Does Interview With Entire Internet

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Yahtzee Does Interview With Entire Internet

The man behind Zero Punctuation participated in a discussion where anyone on the internet could ask him a question.

If you're reading The Escapist, chances are you know who Yahtzee Croshaw is. You might be fan of his work on Mogworld [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation], but do you actually know anything about the man himself? Well, now's your chance, as Yahtzee recently did an "IAMA" (or "I am a") interview on Reddit where he revealed many secrets and mysteries behind his persona.

IAMAs are conducted by a user asking a question, followed by the interviewee answering said question. Pretty simple. True to form, Yahtzee answered dozens of questions with both serious and humorous answers.

For example, he reveals some of the process that goes into creating Zero Punctuation on a weekly basis. The history behind the regular use of certain images, such as the expressionless man face and the imp (!) are also divulged, in addition to the basic premise of his second novel. Perhaps most importantly, he tells us what his favorite kind of hat is: a fez worn by a bear.

To read it, go here [http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/glt5k/iam_yahtzee_croshaw_off_of_the_escapists_zero/]. Yahtzee's replies are highlighted, making it easy to scroll down and search for questions he's answered personally. Any Yahtzee fan will definitely enjoy.

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/glt5k/iam_yahtzee_croshaw_off_of_the_escapists_zero/]

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I'm partial to a derby worn by a scruffy but honest fox.

EDIT: I was just thinking I'm surprised he didn't float something on here about that but after about three seconds I realised why he would never do that.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Damnit! I can't help but feel betrayed by the Escapist news for not letting me know about this sooner D:

Now how will I know if Yathzee would be willing to review the touhou games D:

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Good read, would love to see him do more of these kinds of things.

And it's nice to see that so many people hate the ZP theme song too, makes me feel less alone.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The man behind Zero Punctuation participated in a discussion where anyone on the internet could ask him a question.
Clearly, this is a lie. At best it was everyone on Reddit.
False advertising!

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
If it had been hosted on The Escapist forums or at least pointed at by The Escapist it would be full of flamebait questions like:
What is your opinion of consoles having dumbed down pc IP?
Is valve excellent or merely amazing?
What is your opinion on Ponies?

Okay that last one is actually one I would have liked to see answered, I think it's clear that Yahtzee is secretly part of the herd....*readies fire extinguishers*

All in all a good read so thanks to him for taking the time to do it.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, it was interesting to read.
Good to know where the picture of "that guy" came from. And the other info was also interesting.
Hopefully he does one again sometime.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
dogstile said:
Its already been done?
For Cthulhu's sake Escapist, can you be slower? Other late news posts I get it, but isn't he part of your own work force?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I read it this morning, after he mentioned it on Twitter - it got to the point where he'd stopped answering. Still, worth another scroll through to see if he's caught up with it any more. (EDIT: no, he hasn't.) Some really interesting answers in there.

ffian1

Mar 10, 2010
I felt pretty happy and geeky that I found out about this an hour after it happened, but I figured someone had beaten me to it on here. Apparently I was wrong

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
Quaxar said:
Tom Goldman said:
Clearly, this is a lie. At best it was everyone on Reddit.
False advertising!
LET'S SUE!!!

OT: Why wasn't I notified of this earlier? You didn't inform your audience, was it maybe because there would be 50x more posters there?

M-JN

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah, if they'd had the whole Escapist blowing the place up it wouldn't have been a very productive interview.